PDA

View Full Version : battery percentage

inspiration27
31st July 2007, 05:57 PM
hello,
battery is showing 99% even when am not using it -any reasons?:rolleyes:

Byrd
31st July 2007, 06:19 PM
It's just showing it's current charge - no issue - click on the battery icon and you can disable the percentage display.

JB

kim jong il
31st July 2007, 07:04 PM
Be mindful also that your battery (and everyone else') will progressively lose charge even when not in use at all for extended periods so don't be alarmed. If it loses 25% charge over a week (without use) then it's time to worry.

BoyRobot
10th February 2014, 03:48 PM
hello,
battery is showing 99% even when am not using it -any reasons?:rolleyes:

I have the same issue. My MBP is sitting in it's cradle, plugged into mains power for well over a week. When I wake it from sleep, battery sometimes displays 97% or 98%. Why is this? It should be 100% if it's plugged into mains power. It's almost like it hits 100% and stops charging, uses a percent or two and then charges up again but never quite reaches 100%...

Oldmacs
10th February 2014, 03:55 PM
My battery has been really strange for the past 2 weeks... it started saying service battery and the capacity dropped gradually to 70 percent of original capacity, then last night went back to 81 percent. SMC resets don't seem to help. I wish It would go back to service battery so I have something to show at the genius bar tomorrow. I did however take a lot of screenshots which included the serial number of the mac and the date (from system profiler and the top clock)

~Coxy
10th February 2014, 04:10 PM
I have the same issue. My MBP is sitting in it's cradle, plugged into mains power for well over a week. When I wake it from sleep, battery sometimes displays 97% or 98%. Why is this? It should be 100% if it's plugged into mains power. It's almost like it hits 100% and stops charging, uses a percent or two and then charges up again but never quite reaches 100%...

This is normal.

BoyRobot
10th February 2014, 04:23 PM
This is normal.

Ok then!:D