PDA

View Full Version : StuntMANIA!pro 1.1 Released!

Seon
31st July 2007, 01:30 PM
We are happy to announce that we have released StuntMANIA!pro :)

Whats in Pro?

- 3x awesome stunt cars with differing suspension and performance
- 3x super cool levels with more ramp, tunnels and well... stuff !
- Tracking of SuperSpins and HangTimes
- Nitro bonus in each level that will take your tricks to a whole new realm!
- Timed games
- Saving of scores in timed games and crazy modes
- Player rankings for tricks
- Free updates for all 1.x releases!

There is a new demo online too :-)

http://games.sector3.com.au/

Cheers :-)

Optogamut
31st July 2007, 02:09 PM
If this game had some kind of network play it would be awesome, reminds me a bit of Hardware which came with the PS2 Network Adapters.

purana
31st July 2007, 03:31 PM
Awesome :)

marc
31st July 2007, 03:55 PM
Downloading right now! Can't wait to see the new tracks.

Seon
31st July 2007, 04:04 PM
Downloading right now! Can't wait to see the new tracks.

Soz Marc.. no new tracks in the demo... just the Pro version. Gotta make a living somehow!

Goodbye
31st July 2007, 04:05 PM
I downloaded the demo, but it says it's not supported on my architecture! I have an iMac G5.

Seon
31st July 2007, 04:15 PM
I downloaded the demo, but it says it's not supported on my architecture! I have an iMac G5.

Um... yep, grrr.... Intel only. Fixing this now! Will post when the new version is up! Sorry :(

Seon
31st July 2007, 04:57 PM
Ok, new version online... definitely UB this time. Sorry for the mixup :(

iSlayer
31st July 2007, 05:23 PM
Nice work. Graphics look good. Not sure if i will buy it but ill seriously consider it after ive played for a bit longer

Seon
31st July 2007, 05:28 PM
Nice work. Graphics look good. Not sure if i will buy it but ill seriously consider it after ive played for a bit longer

Ok, so what's missing in it that would prevent you from buying?

iSlayer
31st July 2007, 05:38 PM
Ok, so what's missing in it that would prevent you from buying?

Nothing missing really. Just want to see if i think ill use it enough. I do like driving games so thats in your favor ;)

purana
31st July 2007, 06:17 PM
I cant seem to download it, if you could provide a direct link so I could use wget it would be appreciated. Unfortunately this ADSL service has real drop issues which kills the only chance I got to get it, since then I can't get it again.

STK
31st July 2007, 06:35 PM
Two thinks which would make it better:

1. Better turning
2. Brakes

IMO simo

Seon
31st July 2007, 08:54 PM
Two thinks which would make it better:
1. Better turning
2. Brakes

Hey Simo,

Brakes are something that we have looked into, but haven't found a fantastic solution yet. I'm sure by v1.2 we will. Right now accelerating backwards works pretty well, but doesn't stop you like brakes would.

What do you mean by better steering? It's not supposed to perform like a real car, so I am not sure what better means in this context. We deliberately reduce the steering rotation at higher speeds to stop you from constantly flipping the car and having it uncontrollable... is that what you mean?

STK
31st July 2007, 09:04 PM
Hey Simo,

Brakes are something that we have looked into, but haven't found a fantastic solution yet. I'm sure by v1.2 we will. Right now accelerating backwards works pretty well, but doesn't stop you like brakes would.

What do you mean by better steering? It's not supposed to perform like a real car, so I am not sure what better means in this context. We deliberately reduce the steering rotation at higher speeds to stop you from constantly flipping the car and having it uncontrollable... is that what you mean?

Yep, Word for word.
When going up that ramp to the higher parts at high speed you can't make that turn easily.

Seon
31st July 2007, 09:10 PM
Yep, Word for word.
When going up that ramp to the higher parts at high speed you can't make that turn easily.

Ok, I will build in an override key (maybe CTRL) will increase your steering input when used with the arrow keys.

Also, I should note that with the GamePad support in Pro, the steering is more sensitive due to the nature of a directional controller, so this isn't really a problem then... but I agree, aan override key would be good :-)

purana
31st July 2007, 09:52 PM
I'd have to agree, the steering is terrible (as compared to the widget version some weeks back).

Seon
1st August 2007, 09:50 AM
Ok, there is a new version of StuntMANIA!jnr online (same download location) that has new/better steering control. It's more responsive overall. I would love feedback from anyone that has the time. Thanks.

Seon
1st August 2007, 04:07 PM
Ok, we have been continually tweaking the steering and performance of StuntMANIA all day, and have just released an update... v1.1.2 on our website.

For those that didn't feel the car was responsive enough before, please give this one a whirl and see what you think.

http://games.sector3.com.au/

Thanks.

Seon
2nd August 2007, 08:50 AM
Anyone want to offer feedback on steering and control improvements on the latest demo of StuntMANIA?

marc
2nd August 2007, 09:53 AM
Much better now. I think the speed the steering wheel turns is way too slow though. I realise speeding this up will make the game more twitchy, but that's probably not a bad thing.

I'm not sure how easy it is to add, but gamepad support would be great as I've just bought one of these (http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/46b11e4308ea67722741c0a87f9c0719/Product/View/XH8208). :)

iSlayer
2nd August 2007, 10:27 AM
Its better but still not perfect. Maybe you can give us a preference to control it more ?

Seon
2nd August 2007, 10:37 AM
Its better but still not perfect. Maybe you can give us a preference to control it more ?

Define perfect? It's not supposed to be a precision driving game, so I'm still unsure what you guys aren't liking about it?

The turning circle has been improved to allow for enough rotation at highest speeds to get around the outside path of the demo level, and you can take sharper turns at slower speeds, including skidding around if you push the car enough.

I am happy to keep revising it till it's spot on, and I really appreciate peoples time and feedback... but I am struggling to understand what's lacking.

Obviously I have been playing it too long, because I can drive the car with pretty good precision... hence the lack of understanding why others cant :(

iSlayer
2nd August 2007, 10:52 AM
I'd like a bit more control at higher speeds still. It's playable as is but it just doesn't suit me perfectly(probably just because i play lots of other driving games).