PDA

View Full Version : Does this cable exists?

denis9
29th July 2007, 08:29 PM
Hi,

I have a 20 GB IPod Photo and a Ipod Dock. I have an Iskin cover for my Ipod and it does not fit into the sound dock system with the Iskin fitted. I have to remove the Iskin to be able to use my dock system. :(
I am wondering if there is an extension cable so that I can connect my Ipod directly to the dock system without removing the Iskin. I looked at the major retail outlets DickSmith, Tandy etc but found none. I live in Perth btw.

Cheers :)

tryandbyte
29th July 2007, 08:52 PM
Here ya go..

http://www.streetwise.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=5703

Thom
1st August 2007, 12:24 PM
Alternatively, if you switch to a universal dock and take out the ipod-specific adapter most silicon cases will fit without a problem. It's not exactly what you're asking for but it looks like a new dock would cost about the same as a basic 'extender'- plus you get the cool IR functionality!

~Coxy
1st August 2007, 12:29 PM
It's a big shame that all iPod accessories are scamtastically overpriced almost to the point of market fixing.

If all you want is the basic power/date and line-out, I would buy a third party iPod dock from a HK electronics dealer on eBay. $80 for a lump of plastic and an IR diode is pretty shitty even for Apple, and $40 for a lump of plastic which houses nothing but a connection between the same 30 pins is probably worse.

denis9
2nd August 2007, 02:19 AM
Thanks guys for the input! :)

Yea Ipod accessories are so expensive :(

Squozen
2nd August 2007, 09:34 AM
It's a big shame that all iPod accessories are scamtastically overpriced almost to the point of market fixing.

If all you want is the basic power/date and line-out, I would buy a third party iPod dock from a HK electronics dealer on eBay. $80 for a lump of plastic and an IR diode is pretty shitty even for Apple, and $40 for a lump of plastic which houses nothing but a connection between the same 30 pins is probably worse.

Yep, $80 does suck, but fortunately the Universal Dock costs $59. Where did you get $80 from?

sanjay
2nd August 2007, 01:04 PM
$59 is still a joke, considering what it is.

i still use a dock i harboured from an old 3rd gen ipod i had that kicked the bucket, works with nanos, minis, videos, its great :)

im going to suggest an alternate solution - the exo xskn skin is so thin, that even if you have it on your ipod it will go into a dock no worries :)