PDA

View Full Version : MBP battery issues

locus
27th July 2007, 02:00 PM
Apologies if this has been covered before. I did a quick search and could not find any relevant posts.

Has anyone had an issue with their MBP battery where although it appears fully charged, shortly after unplugging the AC the MBP will suddenly turn off and the battery will show as being depleted if you press the test button?

If so, is this issue covered by the replacement program that Apple have for MBP batteries?

paulharrop
27th July 2007, 02:20 PM
I had my MBP battery (about 90 cycles) replaced by Apple under warranty a few months back as it wasn't holding its charge properly (just before the battery firmware update was released). Sometimes I would get an hour, sometimes 2, sometimes it would go flat when turned off over night - very erratic behaviour. The new one is good so far (32 cycles).

Currawong
27th July 2007, 02:24 PM
Check that your battery isn't swelling up! Either way, you're going to have to test to see if it doesn't happen with a different battery, possibly at your local reseller before getting a replacement.

grorr76
27th July 2007, 03:12 PM
Mine under 200 cycles wasnt going for much longer than 2 hrs and the reseller exchanged it no questions asked free of charge.

jerrah
27th July 2007, 03:13 PM
I had my MBP do that once. I removed and replaced the battery and it fired up with full charge on the indicator leds and I haven't had a problem since.

locus
27th July 2007, 04:29 PM
I had my MBP do that once. I removed and replaced the battery and it fired up with full charge on the indicator leds and I haven't had a problem since.

Yep done that. Perhaps I should try an SMC reset?

locus
27th July 2007, 04:31 PM
By the way, this is a recurring issue, happens without fail every time.