PDA

View Full Version : My first Mac

Iori
26th July 2007, 09:05 AM
Hi everyone.
I took the plunge last week and got myself a 2.2ghz MBP. All I can say is 'Wow'.. This thing is fantastic! Im very happy overall with both ease of use and general functionality. This is the first time I have bought a PC without windows, and good god am I glad I did :D

One small issue. The unit got here Monday (The 23rd), and the battery is on its 2nd cycle (I flattened and full charged it twice.) and already it wont charge past 96%. Thats according to both the Mac Batery info and Coconut Battery. It is stopping at 5260mAh when yesterday it was charging to 5526 mAh. Should I be worried about this? I know batteries eventually die, but loosing 4% in 2 days doesnt seem right... Opinions?

Cheers

WonderBoy
26th July 2007, 09:11 AM
You were able to get a MacBook Pro? Who's stash was this?

Iori
26th July 2007, 09:22 AM
I got this direct from Apple online, although there was a glitch. I was originally quoted 2 weeks waiting time. Which I was hapy with, but then I found out they had a POS stuff up and overcharged my card. Which resulted in my order being held back for nearly a week... Normally I wouldnt mind, but I leave the country on the 1st of August. For ever. So when I found out I wouldn't get my MBP before my leaving date I asked if there was anything apple could do, seeing as they made the blunder. Normally things like this might get me angry, but all I can say is Kudos to apple. Their phone support people are quite helpful, happy and easy to talk to. As soon as the picked up the phone I could hold no grudge at all, and they really helped out.

I had to buy online in order to get my education discount. So as far as I can tell they simply kept my place in the queue for getting my MBP while they sorted out the banking drama.

This thing is freaking cool... :D

DJY
26th July 2007, 06:05 PM
When I got mine - I walked in to a DSE Powerhouse and they had some.
From one of the other threads in here it seems that other member's have also found that Dick Smith Powerhouses seem to have had stock.

Johnny Appleseed
26th July 2007, 06:45 PM
Normally I wouldnt mind, but I leave the country on the 1st of August. For ever.

Where you off to? Mighta been cheaper to get it there!

Iori
26th July 2007, 09:01 PM
I'm heading to China, I worked out the price difference was much of a muchness. Plus I get to claim GST back when I leave the country. So as far as I could work out I will be ahead.

paulharrop
26th July 2007, 09:20 PM
My MBP 2.33 doesn't always register charging to 100%. It will if I run the battery down somewhat and then recharge. If I run it off power all of the time for a while each time I start it up it doesn't register as 100% when fully charged. It seems to be just the way it is. The battery holds it power fine but I think the recharging indicator is not always completely accurate.

adam89
26th July 2007, 09:39 PM
I'm heading to China, I worked out the price difference was much of a muchness. Plus I get to claim GST back when I leave the country. So as far as I could work out I will be ahead.

Plus english keyboards are nice :)