PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Flash 9 Plug-in Won't Work

d0p3y
18th July 2007, 02:00 PM
Hey All,
I'm pretty new to Mac's, and purchased a Macbook 2ghz model in Jan this year. All has been swell, until the other day when I attempted to update the flash player plugin. I downloaded the latest version of Adobe Flash Player 9 from Adobe's website, followed the install instructions and according to the installer it all went through fine. However, this isn't the case. I can no longer view flash on websites.

I've tried the install over and over again and yet nothing.

I tried removing the flash files from the Library / Internet Plug-ins folder and then running the install, but the installer won't work then as it claims it doesn't have permission.

It was all working fine before the attempted upgrade, now I'm buggered :(

Any help appreciated as I don't know where to start being new to the mac os.

Regards,
Ryan

SyncMan
18th July 2007, 04:38 PM
Hey All,
I'm pretty new to Mac's, and purchased a Macbook 2ghz model in Jan this year. All has been swell, until the other day when I attempted to update the flash player plugin. I downloaded the latest version of Adobe Flash Player 9 from Adobe's website, followed the install instructions and according to the installer it all went through fine. However, this isn't the case. I can no longer view flash on websites.

I've tried the install over and over again and yet nothing.

I tried removing the flash files from the Library / Internet Plug-ins folder and then running the install, but the installer won't work then as it claims it doesn't have permission.

It was all working fine before the attempted upgrade, now I'm buggered :(

Any help appreciated as I don't know where to start being new to the mac os.

Did you install from the Admin account that was installed when you got the Mac, the primary account?

If yes, then try and repair permissions next.

eggbert_99
22nd August 2007, 08:13 PM
guys i need help

ive got this same problem and ive not updated anything !!! WTF ??

help ... !!! i have no idea what im doing ?

Currawong
22nd August 2007, 08:31 PM
Make sure, if you have a MacBook, MacBook Pro or other Intel-based Mac that you install the Intel version of Flash.

eggbert_99
22nd August 2007, 08:33 PM
yeah ... its the intel version .... for sure ..

i havent made any changes .. and its just gone and done this ... very windows like ...

hmmm .. i need youtube ! ... ...

it installs .. then starts firefox and the plugin still not functioning