PDA

View Full Version : Keychain - Why won't it remember passwords?

Paxton
17th July 2007, 07:12 PM
I've done the security conscious thing, and changed the password to my user account on my Desktop, a PMG4 Running Tiger. I have a large percentage of my music on the Tower, however it is linked to my PowerBook in iTunes, which necessitates me to log into the PowerMac to get access to my music.

I have Keychain on my PowerBook set to remember my passwords, however it refuses to acknowledge that I have changed my Password, and tries to use my old one.

Is there any way I can get Keychain to 'Memorise' my changed Password? If so, how does one do so. I am sick of having iTunes freeze and crash when I click on some of my music.

Before you say anything, I only have a 60 Gig HDD on my PowerBook. Its only got 8.55 Free. I can't therefore keep all my music on it, when my PowerMac has ~750 Gigs in it.

Andrew.

The Architect.mac
17th July 2007, 07:16 PM
i might be missing something but can't you just delete the keychain password that is causing problems and when you log in again it will save the new one...

grfxninja
17th July 2007, 07:17 PM
what about deleting the link from "Keychain Access" (Utilities folder I think), that way next time you try to open the connection to the mac it will ask for a pw (and hopefully remember it)

EDIT: Beaten - What he ^ said...

Paxton
17th July 2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks for that. The Utilities Folder is one area I don't like playing around in, so Deleting the Keys wasn't something that struck me.

Andrew.

The Architect.mac
17th July 2007, 07:40 PM
the utilities folder is a great source of hidden treasures...