PDA

View Full Version : iStat Wireless WIDGET

Mot
15th July 2007, 07:45 AM
Hey!

I have upgraded to version 1.2 of the iStat Wireless network signal strength meter. It simply pegs at 100% no mater what.

The computer is a Dell XPS M1210 Laptop with Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network adapter.

The operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium, but before anyone says, "well there's your problem right there!" (lol), I want to note that this laptop was purchased in December '06 and shipped with XP Media Center Edition. The New Version alerts started coming in February BEFORE I upgraded to Vista, and I tried 1.2 back then under XP but had the same problem then as I do in Vista

So ...

With iStat Wireless WIDGET version 1.0 +and either Windows XP or Windows Vista:
All okay - seems to report the correct wireless signal strength

With iStat Wireless WIDGET version 1.2 and either Windows XP or Windows Vista:
Meter is always pegged at 100% no mater what.

Is this a known situation that is being corrected? I can go back to version 1.0, but I keep getting New Version advisories whenever the widget starts...

Thanks.

iSlayer
15th July 2007, 12:16 PM
ill make sure we fix that in the next version :)

Charles van der Spuy
17th January 2008, 01:41 AM
I experience the same fault described above with v1.2
I have a Dell Latitude D531 running XP.

When do you anticipate having the next release available?

I find this a very useful widget for walking around our factory finding deadspots in our wireless network and curse (nicely of course!) every time I am told of the new version that I should be downloading ! :)

Mot
17th January 2008, 08:34 AM
I experience the same fault described above with v1.2
I have a Dell Latitude D531 running XP.

When do you anticipate having the next release available?

I find this a very useful widget for walking around our factory finding deadspots in our wireless network and curse (nicely of course!) every time I am told of the new version that I should be downloading ! :)

I'm hoping real soon. It's been almost a year now. :(

But your right, there's not a more useful or fashionable widget out there. Come on, iSlayer, fix it, or maybe just release a version without the new version nag.

Thanks.

<b>djMot</b>
Girls Rock Radio (http://www.girlsrockradio.com)