PDA

View Full Version : problem with installing Safari 3 beta

lazydesi
13th July 2007, 09:41 PM
hi folks,

today I updated my HDD and trying to install safari beta 3 and it was saying the disk is not suitable for this update

plz help me guys

TLCAUS
13th July 2007, 09:45 PM
If you are not running 10.4.9 ? the installation will give you that error, check what version of the OS you are running.

EDIT:

Ok have you ran all the other updates that apple have released over the last week or so, If you have sometimes its worth running disk utility to correct permissions and then also having it verify your hard drive in case you have any volume errors problems that may be preventing you from installing it

EDIT:

It wont be a RAM problem, but if you are wondering how much RAM it has, just go to the apple logo in the top left hand corner and select About This Mac

EDIT:

You may have installed the wrong ram, or 2 you didn't snap it into its housing correctly

lazydesi
13th July 2007, 09:46 PM
its 10.4.9

how can i check ram in my MB?

lazydesi
13th July 2007, 09:50 PM
i put 2 rams into my system and currenlty showing only 1 GB ram

any idea?

andrew.wilson
13th July 2007, 09:51 PM
Click the Apple logo in the top left hand corner --> 'About this Mac'

Click more info. Click Memory. It will tell you the size of each of the RAM in your MB.

TLCAUS
13th July 2007, 09:57 PM
Correct as andrew says above, you can check the status of each Dimm, in system profiler, hardware / Memory and it will tell you where the memory is placed and if its Ok next to each dimm

lazydesi
14th July 2007, 05:58 AM
last night i installed 2 * 1GB of Corsair ram into my new Macbook.

but I was showing just 1Gb instead of 2 Gb in system profile.

Bank 0/ DIMM0 is showing 1GB

BANK 1/DIMM1 is showing empty.

halledise
14th July 2007, 08:37 AM
last night i installed 2 * 1GB of Corsair ram into my new Macbook.

but I was showing just 1Gb instead of 2 Gb in system profile.

Bank 0/ DIMM0 is showing 1GB

BANK 1/DIMM1 is showing empty.

check 2 things:

a) is memory module seated correctly - I've noticed with these MB's it's possible to 'miss' the slot

b) is it the correct spec? - should be
cas latency of 5 - i.e. CL5
unbuffered and non-ECC (very important)
with a speed of 667mhz.

you should be able to establish most of this info from the label on the stick
or else google the model number thereon:D

if all these things check out then take it back to the seller for a replacement.
(personally I don't like Corsair and would go for another brand - hynix, samsung, owc, etc)