PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with an iPhone in Melbourne want a beer?

Quamen
13th July 2007, 03:08 PM
I have 2 hours to kill until beer 0 clock officially starts.

But I'm willing to buy someone a nice cold beer if they let me play with an iPhone :)

Right now I'm in the city at RMIT.

Rasta
13th July 2007, 03:23 PM
I vote this for the most ingenious thread ever...

I don't have an iPhone and I'm not in Melbourne, but I tip my hat to you good sir and wish you all the luck in the world at realising this request!
:thumbup:

decryption
13th July 2007, 03:25 PM
If anyone in Melbourne has an iPhone and wants to show Quamen, I will also buy you a beer if I can see it too :D

soadaholic
13th July 2007, 03:31 PM
I'll give someone an iPhone if they buy me a Beer!

* offer not valid *

Quamen
13th July 2007, 03:32 PM
I'll give someone an iPhone if they buy me a Beer!

* offer not valid *

No Beer For You!

areal
13th July 2007, 03:42 PM
I am almost afraid to post in this thread for fear of some sort of IP based tracking. In a few minutes guys with beer and MacTalk mugs will be here wanting to touch my iPhone.

Quamen
13th July 2007, 03:45 PM
I am almost afraid to post in this thread for fear of some sort of IP based tracking. In a few minutes guys with beer and MacTalk mugs will be here wanting to touch my iPhone.

Awww c'mon. You know you wan to! 2 free beers, and I don't have a mug, and I promise not to mix beer with the iPhone.

Alessiman
13th July 2007, 03:47 PM
I have two original iPhone brochures from the NYC apple store if anyone is that desperate for them they can have them for free :)

Quamen
13th July 2007, 03:51 PM
I have two original iPhone brochures from the NYC apple store if anyone is that desperate for them they can have them for free :)

Yea... that's just not the same.

I think I might go drinking now. My offer still stands for the first person to present me an iPhone to play with a the Melbourne Cocoaheads meeting next Thursday.

FBTN
13th July 2007, 03:53 PM
Whoever tell me where to get an Intel MacMini (cheap and working, rams and HDD are not necessary) under $450.00, You can play my iPhone whole night (Must return to me next day :)

Byrd
13th July 2007, 04:52 PM
Can you put the heist up on YouTube when you beat the shit out of some little rich kid that has one? Thanks.

JB

silverdreamer
13th July 2007, 05:23 PM

As long as your iphone is all they want to touch, you should be alright!:p

spargo
13th July 2007, 05:34 PM
you could just catch up in Melbourne and have a beer together. no iphone necessary you know..

aussiedeano
13th July 2007, 06:13 PM
I wish this was Wednesday. I'd say I'd buy someone (preferably female ;) ) a beer if they showed me *something*.....I'd like to say boobies, but it's not Wednesday......

This thread is outta site!

Jedda
14th July 2007, 03:42 PM
My iPhone is on a plane headed towards Melbourne right now. If it arrives before Thursday (which it should), i'll bring it to Cocoaheads on Thursday.

DJY
14th July 2007, 04:17 PM
Is there anyone that actually HAS an iPhone at the moment on Australian soil?

I know OziMac grabbed one - but I'm not sure if he is back in the country yet.

areal
14th July 2007, 05:06 PM
I have one and I think that there would be plenty of other people who have one. I couldn't see any reason to wait.

DJY
14th July 2007, 05:13 PM
Was it originally AT&T activated?
I presume only the WiFi and iPod work?

jw1976
14th July 2007, 07:12 PM
I have one and i'm based in Sydney, i can use everything except for YouTube and the phone part of the device, all other options work via wifi. iPod is pretty cool but i am hanging for them to remove the sim or network lock so i can use it as a phone.

Peter Wells
14th July 2007, 07:27 PM
the one at the melbourne twitter meet belonged to this guy:

http://twitter.com/daveking

and youtube was working via the dvdjon activation..

peteryan7hao
3rd August 2007, 03:06 PM
hahaha, I do have an iPhone, but I don't drink beer though....

ilostmypassword
3rd August 2007, 03:44 PM
hahaha, I do have an iPhone, but I don't drink beer though....

you have an iPhone?

OziMac
3rd August 2007, 04:09 PM
you have an iPhone?

After the bombardment, how could you have possibly missed that fact? ;)

Ah, the old digging up of the weeks old thread for no reason. Love it. :)

ilostmypassword
3rd August 2007, 05:01 PM
After the bombardment, how could you have possibly missed that fact? ;)

Ah, the old digging up of the weeks old thread for no reason. Love it. :)

i was being sarcastic :D

peteryan7hao
3rd August 2007, 10:38 PM
Behhh...I have 5 iPhones!

Jedda
3rd August 2007, 10:48 PM
Behhh...I have 5 iPhones!

I have one too, and to be honest, I'm over it.

Nobody cares. You have overdone it.

Peter Wells
3rd August 2007, 10:56 PM
wow.

just trying to decide whether peteryan.net is the web equivalent or a feltching or a reach around...

such a fine line...

BlowMeDown
3rd August 2007, 11:06 PM
Dude, it's a phone. Grab yourself a few beers and go take a look at the fake Van Gogh in your gallery and take solace in the fact that what people rate as valuable and envied by others may only be just another thing and really not that special after all.

peteryan7hao
4th August 2007, 11:02 PM
Dude, it's a phone. Grab yourself a few beers and go take a look at the fake Van Gogh in your gallery and take solace in the fact that what people rate as valuable and envied by others may only be just another thing and really not that special after all.

Oh yes, we joined mactalk around the same time.....

lavo
4th August 2007, 11:26 PM
Keep the thread on track folks. Yes Peter, you have more iPhones than anyone else in the country. End of.

OziMac
4th August 2007, 11:29 PM
And just like that... another pointless thread was closed. :)