PDA

View Full Version : Azureus

dolbinau
13th July 2007, 09:51 AM
Hey,

Is it possible to make it download certain files separately, first, if I have a torrent of multiple files?

Rasta
13th July 2007, 09:55 AM
Yep.

When you load the torrent file with Azureus just choose which files you want to download and unselect those which you don't want.

This is one of the nice things about Azureus and the reason I use it...

dolbinau
13th July 2007, 10:21 AM
Sorry I don't think I was very clear :p, I've done this part, but the remaining file seem to download 'together', if you know what I mean, like they are all at 5% for example, however I'd like to make it so the first file finishes, then the second file, then the third etc.. independently..Is it possible to do this?

nortonjg
13th July 2007, 10:35 AM
Sorry I don't think I was very clear :p, I've done this part, but the remaining file seem to download 'together', if you know what I mean, like they are all at 5% for example, however I'd like to make it so the first file finishes, then the second file, then the third etc.. independently..Is it possible to do this?

are you able to download 1 file at a time?
when at the start you pick one and then can you go back and start another file?or do u want them to just automatically download one after the other?

dolbinau
13th July 2007, 10:45 AM
or do u want them to just automatically download one after the other?

I'd prefer this.

Mac Ram
13th July 2007, 11:15 AM
I think you can - don't have it here at work, but in the screen where you can say which files you want to download you can prioritise the download order of the files.

But I would imagine this would slow down the overall download.

kim jong il
13th July 2007, 05:45 PM
I got the impression that the OP has a single torrent that contains (let's say) 13 components (episodes?) and wants Azureus to download one complete piece at a time before progressing to the next. Azureus won't do this. Within a torrent you can only prioritise files as "normal", "high" and "do not download".

Rasta
13th July 2007, 05:49 PM
Sorry.. I get the picture... KJI is right... as far as I know you can't do what you are asking with Azureus.

Shatter
13th July 2007, 05:50 PM
[EDIT]Crap, mines already been said. Didn't see. Avoid reading this:

If you right click the torrent in "My Torrents", and go to torrent details, in one of the tabs, all the files, and their completion are shown.

You can right click each file and set it's priority.

Higher priority ones will download first.

This does not effect overall download speed, as if it can't get the bit you want, it starts on the next file(s).

I don't know if this is exactly what you want but it's a start.

dolbinau
13th July 2007, 06:17 PM
It isn't exactly but it is better than nothing, thanks guys.