PDA

View Full Version : Nokia S40 Theme - How To Change BigPond Menu Icon???

Jaffa
12th July 2007, 12:17 AM
Hi. I am editing a Nokia S40 theme for my 6233 and I want to be able to change the Bigpond menu icon so that it appears consistent with the rest of the theme.

I am manually editing the theme using the theme_descriptor.xml file after unpacking the .nth file. EG:

<menu_item
item_id="applications"
list_view_icon="apps2.png"
grid_view_icon="apps.png"
animating_grid="apps.png"
app_specific_bg="gridmenu.png" />
<menu_item
item_id="callregister"
list_view_icon="calls2.png"
grid_view_icon="calls.png"
animating_grid="calls.png"

Now I have tried this:

<menu_item
item_id="bigpond"
list_view_icon="bigps2.png"
grid_view_icon="bigps.png"
animating_grid="bigps.png"

But alas it does not work.

I have had a play with Nokia Theme Studio as well and it doesn't have anything that will allow me to add the functionality.

Could someone please shed some light onto this subject?

Cheers,

Jeff

Jaffa
12th July 2007, 09:55 AM
Anyone?

Jaffa
12th July 2007, 08:19 PM
Maybe?

forgie
12th July 2007, 08:31 PM
If your telstra 6233 is anything like my old 3 6280 (which is also series 40), parts of the phone software are "hard modded" by 3, and can't be modified without doing some sort of hardware hack or a hardware firmware update.

Exocet
12th July 2007, 09:15 PM
forgie is right, the logos are part of the firmware and cannot be modified any other way.

Jaffa
12th July 2007, 09:32 PM
I mean like in the menu. AKA:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9930/photo2rt2.jpg

Because it is a menu item I assume it will also be able to be themed...

As you can see I have the iphone theme there and the BigPond logo just doesnt fit in...

Jaffa
13th July 2007, 07:05 PM
Anyone?

forgie
13th July 2007, 07:37 PM
Because it is a menu item I assume it will also be able to be themed...

As you can see I have the iphone theme there and the BigPond logo just doesnt fit in...
You would think that on either of my 3 phones I would be able to customise my menus, but no matter what I do, one of home shortcut buttons is hardwired to "Planet 3". Bastards.

Jaffa
13th July 2007, 07:46 PM
You would think that on either of my 3 phones I would be able to customise my menus, but no matter what I do, one of home shortcut buttons is hardwired to "Planet 3". Bastards.

Yah... I think what they have done is given the menu an identifier that nobody would be able to find out.. something random that they plonked on their keyboard like H&*(TOUY# or something. Because I have played with the theme software and you can set custom menu shortcuts as well as theme provider menu shortcuts... the problem is actually identifying what the shortcut's identifier is named...

forgie
13th July 2007, 07:52 PM
Yah... I think what they have done is given the menu an identifier that nobody would be able to find out.. something random that they plonked on their keyboard like H&*(TOUY# or something. Because I have played with the theme software and you can set custom menu shortcuts as well as theme provider menu shortcuts... the problem is actually identifying what the shortcut's identifier is named...
Cool, well that might help you, but I don't want to change the icon, I want to change the actual shortcut. :(

Jaffa
13th July 2007, 08:03 PM
Cool, well that might help you, but I don't want to change the icon, I want to change the actual shortcut. :(

yah, well I want to change the icon and thats what i asked in my thread so *sticks tongue out* LOL jokes forgie ;)