PDA

View Full Version : Macbook now or wait for Leopard?



mazza_lives
11th July 2007, 10:27 PM
I want to buy macbook for general purpose and audio stuff just didnt want to fork out $$$ if theres some amazing upgrade around the corner. i can wait but then agaain the sooner the better

should i wait for leopard to be released cos if its a couple of months then i might have to fork out $200 or so or would they give a cheap pgrade?

mechcon
11th July 2007, 10:29 PM
wait for the sun to implode...



no seriously though, if you need a notebook now, then get one, because it'll be fine for leopard.

Rasta
12th July 2007, 12:13 AM
I want to buy macbook for general purpose and audio stuff just didnt want to fork out $$$ if theres some amazing upgrade around the corner. i can wait but then agaain the sooner the better

should i wait for leopard to be released cos if its a couple of months then i might have to fork out $200 or so or would they give a cheap pgrade?

I've been hanging around in the background about this too, to buy or not to buy.

I've decided that no matter when I buy a new MacBook it's going to be good enough for me and if I buy just before an upgrade it won't bother me.

I would like to Leopard when it hits the stands though, so it makes sense to wait until it's released with the MacBooks.

In the end, if you need a comp you need a comp and you get a comp. If you can wait, there is no harm in doing so.

Huy
12th July 2007, 12:28 AM
They'll always be something amazing around the corner.
Since you say you can wait, then wait for the update after Leopard is officially released.

It's $129 if you're a student :)

andrew.wilson
12th July 2007, 12:35 AM
It depends if you currently use Windows and if so, how much longer you are willing to suffer =P That sealed the deal for me!

I can;t wait for Leopard...it looks like it is just going to blow everything else away!

gmask1
12th July 2007, 12:43 AM
I advised a friend today to wait until October, if he was able to. Hopefully by then there will be new editions of iWork and iLife (which he expects to use regularly), as well as Leopard. Who knows, maybe even a spec bump.

It's not much, but it might be a couple hundred in savings than if he goes out tomorrow and grabs it.

But, as the others say - if you need it now, get it. :)

Exocet
12th July 2007, 12:58 AM
See, I've got an iMac already and I'm looking at getting a notebook. I'll be waiting until Leopard's released cause I can already potter about on my iMac.

Huy
12th July 2007, 01:02 AM
Similar reason as above,
I'm using my MacBook connected up to a 24" Dell monitor, so I'm fine.
I am holding out for maybe a 24" iMac or a MacBook Pro 15.4" after Leopard comes out.

MacBook just doesn't cut it sometimes, powering this display/video playback.

mazza_lives
12th July 2007, 12:46 PM
as hard as its going to be im going to wait for leopard to b released..thanx guys

lazydesi
13th July 2007, 11:45 AM
i have the same problem in the begining of this month and I gor MB last week and really enjoying