PDA

View Full Version : StuntManiaJnr - FREE Widget Released

Seon
11th July 2007, 02:59 PM
We have released a FREE widget called StuntManiaJnr as a prelude to our up-n-coming new game title - StuntMaina.

Drive around a cool stunt arena, filled with ramps, loops, platforms and crazy thing to smash into and flip your stunt car over. Grab the bonuses if you feel like it, or just drive around and go crazy! It's up to you!

http://games.sector3.com.au/

Peter Wells
11th July 2007, 03:13 PM
thats one big arse widget. very fun too.

Seon
11th July 2007, 03:19 PM
8MB? Yeah, its the 3D engine and runtime that takes the space! :-(

Rasta
11th July 2007, 03:24 PM
Pretty cool...

Is there a way to make the car more 'responsive'. I find it a pain in the arse to turn and have to wait for 2-3 seconds before the car does it...

Other than that, it's pretty cool... I like the advertising around the stadium.. and it's MacTalk friendly too! Perhaps a MacTalk sign would look cool in there! :)

Job well done!:thumbup:

iMic
11th July 2007, 03:27 PM
Looks really interesting, unfortunately I don't have Dashboard (disabled in the system) and i'm not sure if the full version will run on my machine (G4/400). Have to wait and see.

mac_man_luke
11th July 2007, 03:28 PM
cool but the score etc on mine is just jibberish

Seon
11th July 2007, 03:28 PM
Is there a way to make the car more 'responsive'. I find it a pain in the arse to turn and have to wait for 2-3 seconds before the car does it...

What spec machine are you on? Pretty responsive here! Have you tried in full screen mode?

Seon
11th July 2007, 03:29 PM

Can you PM me a screen grab of the score (jibberish) ?

purana
11th July 2007, 03:32 PM
Might have to check it out later on tonight when I get home :)

Rasta
11th July 2007, 03:33 PM
What spec machine are you on? Pretty responsive here! Have you tried in full screen mode?

Dual 1.25 G4 MDD with 1.75Gb RAM

(Azureus is going in the background... perhaps that's the problemo??)

Seon
11th July 2007, 04:17 PM
(Azureus is going in the background... perhaps that's the problemo??)

Well, Azureus is a complete resource hog, but I don't use it, so I cant test it to confirm that is the problem. Did you try it full screen?

Also, what Video Card? Is it an NVidia MX? or Older ATI?

Seon
11th July 2007, 08:58 PM
Is it possible to send me a screen grab of the gibberish you are getting? I would love to get it fixed if I can work out what's wrong with it. Thanks.

swoffa
11th July 2007, 10:38 PM
cant seem to play it. just get a black screen.:(

http://tinyurl.com/2zj6jq

Anyone have an idea of what I ballsed up?

Seon
11th July 2007, 11:12 PM
cant seem to play it. just get a black screen.:(

http://tinyurl.com/2zj6jq

Anyone have an idea of what I ballsed up?

Hey swoffa :-)
What spec Mac? OSX version? VideoCard?

mac_man_luke
11th July 2007, 11:17 PM
http://lahnstein.id.au/~luke/Picture%203.png

Thats on a macbook 2ghz, 2gb ram

kingkangkong
11th July 2007, 11:17 PM
erm.

score is gibberish for me.

and erm.

when i turned on full screen. it sorta hung my dashboard.

i had to turn off my macbk.

its 1.83ghz, 2gb Ram. I connected a ext lcd to it. i think it might be the cause.

Seon
11th July 2007, 11:33 PM
mac_man_luke: thanks.... now I have something to go by to find and fix this problem! Cheers :-)

STK
11th July 2007, 11:34 PM
it needs a handbrake. i hate reverse brakes :p

Seon
11th July 2007, 11:36 PM
erm.

score is gibberish for me.

and erm.

when i turned on full screen. it sorta hung my dashboard.

i had to turn off my macbk.

its 1.83ghz, 2gb Ram. I connected a ext lcd to it. i think it might be the cause.

Wow, it seems that the dashboard just isn't coping that well with a full 3D engine. I might look at optimising it further tomorrow, but ultimately, the full game will be released like Turret Wars as a stand alone player. We just thought it would be cool to release a preview as a widget.

gmask1
11th July 2007, 11:58 PM
Well I'm on an iMac Intel, and I happily spent the last 627.8 seconds running amok in the arena. The graphics chopped up a bit when the camera was looking down on one of those alcove areas (with the three little dead-ends to drive into), but apart from that everything was nice.

I'll give it a try on the Blackbook tomorrow, and see how the el dodgy chipset handles the engine. :)

Sambo
12th July 2007, 01:20 AM
Hehehe, this is awesome and yeah. Runs great on my MBP. Lovely widget!

Seon
12th July 2007, 10:37 AM
Ok, we have a newer build of our widget online... it's hopefully fixed the font issue, as well as performance issues on older G4's. We have also reduced the windows size a tad for those that have smaller screens (we are spoilt with 20" plus screen sizes here Smile

We also got the widget down another 2MB in size! Yay!

http://games.sector3.com.au/stuntmaniajnr.aspx

We are currently working on fixing some of the little physics quirks with the level, so stay tuned for future updates.

Thanks all for your wonderful feedback and comments.. it's all being taken on-board!

swoffa
12th July 2007, 03:43 PM
24" imac.
I deleted it. Manually installed the unity software, then reinstalled. Now it works.
I cant use E to end it though and have to kill it via activity monitor.

swoffa

Seon
12th July 2007, 03:48 PM
24" imac.
I deleted it. Manually installed the unity software, then reinstalled. Now it works.
I cant use E to end it though and have to kill it via activity monitor.

swoffa

[Escape] will end the game and take you back to the menu screen, not end the App. Not sure you can end a Widget other then [CMD]+[Option] and then click the (X). I will look into it though.

swoffa
12th July 2007, 04:10 PM
no probs. just noticed the instructions said E to exit, not escape.
installed the new version and everything seems cool.

great job.

Seon
12th July 2007, 04:18 PM
Argh! You are correct, the instruction page is wrong :( I will update it and re-upload it. Thanks for spotting that!

swoffa
12th July 2007, 04:21 PM
maybe a flip button is required for those moments you stuck on the roof :D

http://tinyurl.com/38lrm9

i gotta stop playin' this ;)

Seon
12th July 2007, 04:23 PM
the "r" key resets your var rotation (thats definitely in the instructions page ;)