PDA

View Full Version : 3 phone tethered to Mac as Bluetooth Modem

~Coxy
11th July 2007, 01:45 PM
I've got a Motorola V3xx with 3, on the nifty X-Series plan and all that so the data rates are pretty cheap.

What I'm having trouble with, though, is getting it to work as a bluetooth or even USB modem at all, nothing seems to work.

The furthest I've gotten is with the Motorola 3G modem scripts - I can get as far as authentication according to the Connection Log but then it will always fail.

3 doesn't seem to recommend a username/password or anything, so I'm not sure what it can be. Anyoen done this before?

walexx
11th July 2007, 01:58 PM
I use my N73 on X-Series with my mac via BT (its just as fast as using the USB cable, so BT is easier as you dont have cables to get tangled up) and it works just fine. You are correct, there is no username or password, but the telephone number should be ' 3netaccess '.

As long as you have the correct drivers installed which it sounds like you do, and in your network prefs have selected the correct modem ie: Nokia 3G (in my case), and the phone number is 3netaccess, then u should be good to go.

purana
11th July 2007, 01:58 PM
What number do you dial? or attempt to dial... and also make sure you don't have iSync open when you attempt to connect.

Exocet
11th July 2007, 02:21 PM
Telephone number should be *99#

Disko
11th July 2007, 02:27 PM
this might sound crazy.... but i had a friend with the same question (but different phone). I hunted around for modem scripts, and a how to... and while I did that, she took her powerbook & phone into a 3 store, and they set it all up for her there and then.

Maybe call 3 support?

~Coxy
11th July 2007, 02:56 PM
I had tried *99#, since even 3's page mentions that...
but "3netaccess" as a number worked first try! Thanks very much, walexx!