PDA

View Full Version : iTunes 7.3 and reorganised music

merganser
11th July 2007, 11:34 AM
Just installed 7.3 today (going straight from 7.1) and I open it to find that all my numerical albums (e.g. The Beatles' "1" and the 300 soundtrack) have been stuck at the bottom instead of the top, i.e. after the a-z album entries.

Also, some of my albums beginning with the letter "A" have been moved to the section that the next letter starts with - "A Jester's Tale" now under "J".

Is this just the new way iTunes orders things, a-z 1-0 rather than 1-0 a-z?

tcn33
11th July 2007, 11:39 AM
No idea why, but yes. It also appears to ignore an, the, le, la etc.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1025835&tstart=0

Aa
11th July 2007, 12:51 PM
I noticed "A tribe called quest" comes under 't' not 'a' now.

I like it.

Johnny Appleseed
11th July 2007, 12:57 PM
I just wish they'd introduce artist sorting by surname. I've been manually naming them surname-first since the start...

silverdreamer
11th July 2007, 01:06 PM
I just wish they'd introduce artist sorting by surname. I've been manually naming them surname-first since the start...

Well thats just Weird!.......:eek:

Johnny Appleseed
11th July 2007, 01:13 PM
Well thats just Weird!.......:eek:

Ya reckon? I've always had my CDs sorted by surname- that's what music stores do too - and the only way to replicate that in iTunes is to rename the artists.

silverdreamer
11th July 2007, 01:22 PM
Ya reckon? I've always had my CDs sorted by surname- that's what music stores do too - and the only way to replicate that in iTunes is to rename the artists.

Yes but doing that would affect some of the built in function of i-tunes, ie getting artwork online, would it not.

If it's programed to look for, say ...Bob Dylan, it's never going to find ..... Dylan, Bob.
Or if it Did, I'll bet it ain't the right one!

Johnny Appleseed
11th July 2007, 01:40 PM
Good point - I did have to change the names back again when iTunes introduced the artwork fetching feature. Nowadays I fetch the artwork before I rename the artist!

merganser
11th July 2007, 02:31 PM
What I don't get is that I have an album "Blood on the Asphalt" stuck between "Hot Fuss" and "Human After All". That makes no sense.

And I sort by albums not by artist.