PDA

View Full Version : help! can't find mobile - someone please call me!

cal_blam!
9th July 2007, 09:06 PM
Hello - I cannot find my mobile it is stressin' me out and I need to use that phone!

Is there anyone here who would be kind enough to call me...I am in Melbourne and won't even answer the phone so it shouldn't cost anything unless (i) the phone is off and it goes to voicemail or (ii) I have actually lost it and whoever has it answers!

My number is <with thanks froggy has tried for me>. Please and with thanks to the kind caller if there is one out there on the sofa. I looked under all the cushions its not there. Cal.

sanjay
9th July 2007, 09:12 PM
you dont have a landline?

meinrosebud
9th July 2007, 09:14 PM
Yeah ring you own number dude! lol

cal_blam!
9th July 2007, 09:15 PM
Landline? What for? Havent had one for years. Ha ha - I just had it turnes on actually for my ADSL but I have no handset to plug into the line. Maybe there is a way I can make my mobile ring from the internet.

AusMac
9th July 2007, 09:17 PM
How can one live without a landline? Mobiles are so damned useless inside the house.

cal_blam!
9th July 2007, 09:20 PM
Why would I have a phone and pay line rental for a phone that never gets used?

Apart from to call myself when I lose my mobile.

AusMac
9th July 2007, 09:24 PM
Not arguing with your logic .. I don't own a mobile for similar reasons. Except for the fact that my wife is always asking me to call her mobile I would be completely free of their useless radio interference

Razer
9th July 2007, 09:25 PM
i'd delete your phone number from the post once you find it :)

froggy
9th July 2007, 09:25 PM
Hello - I cannot find my mobile it is stressin' me out and I need to use that phone!

Is there anyone here who would be kind enough to call me...I am in Melbourne and won't even answer the phone so it shouldn't cost anything unless (i) the phone is off and it goes to voicemail or (ii) I have actually lost it and whoever has it answers!

My number is nnnn nnn nnn. Please and with thanks to the kind caller if there is one out there on the sofa. I looked under all the cushions its not there. Cal.

I phoned you - no answer.

Did I ring long enough for you to find your phone?

cal_blam!
9th July 2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks Froggy! I didn't hear it at all.

Which means I have either left it at work or lost it.

As I have never left my phone at work, I will immediately assume it is lost and not sleep until I get to work tomorrow. I'm not even gonna think about it being stolen.

froggy
9th July 2007, 09:38 PM
If it were stolen, it is likely that the person in possession would remove the SIM. If that is removed, would the number still ring?

Cheers,
Andrew

AusMac
9th July 2007, 09:40 PM
Since the logical place is at work. Then you should try sleeping. That way you can be at work early. :) to find it.

froggy rang from Wagga? man that was nice of him. I was hoping someone from Melbourne would do it.

hey anyone seen where my avatar went?

Huy
9th July 2007, 09:48 PM
Also edit your post froggy, because you quoted his mobile number :p

And there are widgets on the net that can SMS your own mobile number (free). Listen out for the SMS sound haha...

sanjay
9th July 2007, 10:03 PM
If it were stolen, it is likely that the person in possession would remove the SIM. If that is removed, would the number still ring?

Cheers,
Andrew

likely itd just go straight to voicemail/"this number is not available" operator message if that was the case. looks like theres still hope for you yet :p

cal_blam!
9th July 2007, 10:13 PM
Also edit your post froggy, because you quoted his mobile number :p

And there are widgets on the net that can SMS your own mobile number (free). Listen out for the SMS sound haha...

Yes I am not concerned about people here having my number but I did edit my first post just in case in the morning I find my phone full of missed calls!

I am too preoccupied now - I just set my new modem and ADSL2+ up. Man that was easy. And omg omg omg it is so fast! Thumbs up to iinet (finally).

cal_blam!
9th July 2007, 10:16 PM
Since the logical place is at work. Then you should try sleeping. That way you can be at work early. :) to find it.

froggy rang from Wagga? man that was nice of him. I was hoping someone from Melbourne would do it.

hey anyone seen where my avatar went?

Logical? Moi? Maybe your avatar is with my phone on a fling somewhere.

It sure was nice of Froggy, man I thought all I was gonna get was all that chat about why don''t you have a landline and use your landline twas most excruuuciating.

AusMac
9th July 2007, 10:23 PM
it isn't my phone bill here .. so I was keeping the thread alive for some kind soul to spot.

cal_blam!
9th July 2007, 10:26 PM
it isn't my phone bill here .. so I was keeping the thread alive for some kind soul to spot.

I know I was only teasing! It was nailbiting tho waiting to see if anyone was gonna try for me. I have always relied on the kindness of strangers.

AusMac
9th July 2007, 10:33 PM
and you should never stop doing so .. but be careful of overkind strangers..

Exocet
9th July 2007, 11:04 PM
When you dial a number you're calling the SIM card, not the phone. If the SIM card isn't in a phone, you will get a "switched off or out of range" message.

Huy
9th July 2007, 11:11 PM
I think froggy was kidding... ;)

unless he wasn't? :D

froggy
9th July 2007, 11:32 PM
I think froggy was kidding... ;)

unless he wasn't? :D

I was trying to reassure Cal that it probably hadn't been stolen.

Huy
9th July 2007, 11:56 PM
No I was talking about this bit in particular:

" If it were stolen, it is likely that the person in possession would remove the SIM. If that is removed, would the number still ring?"

:)

Exocet (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/member.php?u=696) answered seriously... but I think you were kidding about the "phone with no SIM will still ring" comment/bit of cheekiness... except maybe I am wrong? haha sorry! :)

ethania05
10th July 2007, 12:56 AM
All phones should have their own remote. Maybe the iPhone will have a remote you can press where it will beep at you so you never lose it. However, if you lose the remote then your stuffed. LOL :D

Exocet
10th July 2007, 01:12 AM
All phones should have their own remote. Maybe the iPhone will have a remote you can press where it will beep at you so you never lose it. However, if you lose the remote then your stuffed. LOL :D

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4148/ngbbs3c48f1755fcfbjf7.jpg

...you know, I had an idea like that once.

Zoe
10th July 2007, 08:21 AM
Don't forget Skype out folks!

froggy
10th July 2007, 08:40 AM
No I was talking about this bit in particular:

" If it were stolen, it is likely that the person in possession would remove the SIM. If that is removed, would the number still ring?"

:)

Exocet (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/member.php?u=696) answered seriously... but I think you were kidding about the "phone with no SIM will still ring" comment/bit of cheekiness... except maybe I am wrong? haha sorry! :)Except that I didn't say that the phone would ring. I said that the number would ring. (By that, I meant that the number would ring on the caller's phone.)

Exocet
10th July 2007, 08:46 AM
No, as I said - the number would divert to the "Switched off / Out of Range" recorded voice announcement.

froggy
10th July 2007, 08:49 AM
No, as I said - the number would divert to the "Switched off / Out of Range" recorded voice announcement.
Thanks, Exocet. I understand what you are saying. I was answering Huy who was taking the mickey! :P

Cheers,
Andrew

WonderBoy
10th July 2007, 08:52 AM
So... was your phone at work?

Huy
10th July 2007, 09:18 AM
Thanks, Exocet. I understand what you are saying. I was answering Huy who was taking the mickey! :P

Cheers,
Andrew

Whoops and I thought it was you that was taking the mickey out of Exocet! :confused:
My bad...:o

froggy
10th July 2007, 09:52 AM
Ahhhh, the joys of internet discussions where no one can hear anyone and can't read tone of voice etc. :)

Now, Cal, have you found your phone? (Maybe you don't have 'net access at work?)

Cheers,
Andrew