PDA

View Full Version : Worst iPhone article - Brisbane's Sunday mail

dmw
8th July 2007, 11:49 AM
Online media is just so much better than oldschool mainstream media ... online is showing how lazy, unresearched, gullible, etc oldschool "journalists" are ....

For a laugh read this error filled drivel in the Sunday Mail ...

http://www.news.com.au/sundaymail/story/0,,22033925-5007190,00.html

the funniest bit ....

As I said, the iPhone has surpassed all previous sales records 350 million of them have already been sold sending Apple's share stocks sky high.

Galumay
8th July 2007, 11:56 AM
I very much doubt there have been 350 million iPods sold!! that is more than the population of the US!! 350,000 maybe.

mvjs
8th July 2007, 11:58 AM
I very much doubt there have been 350 million iPods sold!! that is more than the population of the US!! 350,000 maybe.

100 million iPods have been sold (http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/04/09ipod.html), as of April 9

feeze
8th July 2007, 12:01 PM
Maybe someone should remind him the the population of the U.S.A. is 301 million. I might just go do that now.

So much for editorial standards.

Goodbye
8th July 2007, 12:05 PM
Frances Whiting wrote that column, she writes every week and her columns are always humourous, it's not meant to be a serious article.

meinrosebud
8th July 2007, 12:27 PM
It looks like it is not meant to be accurate either dude.

tangent23
8th July 2007, 12:44 PM
funny thing is, she sounds like exactly the type of person who would appreciate the iphone

"As I have mentioned before in this column, all I want from my phone is for it to allow me to make and receive calls,"

what's the bet in two years she has one? :)

Mohawk
8th July 2007, 07:53 PM
Frances Whiting wrote that column, she writes every week and her columns are always humourous, it's not meant to be a serious article.

I start to read her column each Sunday, but usually stop after the first paragraph. Does she think she's funny? does anyone else? Science I dislike her

Whether or not this is supposed to be taken seriously, hers is the type of journalism that screams last minute rush. :thumbdn:

mivory
8th July 2007, 08:19 PM
France rocks. Her articles are good for a laugh. Don't take things too seriously guys- the best anti-wrinkle cream can't beat smiling and laughing!

spargo
8th July 2007, 08:27 PM
It's the Sunday Mail. Expect nothing, because that's what you'll get.

Save your money, buy the Weekend Australian on Saturday, and keep reading it on Sunday.

rickyd
8th July 2007, 08:37 PM
wtf's with the burger thing??

Georgina EG
8th July 2007, 08:54 PM
Still an entertaining and amusing article, and doesn't place criticism on the iPhone, perhaps only making fun of fanatics who queue for days to buy a phone.

macsyd
8th July 2007, 09:04 PM
buy the Weekend Australian on Saturday, and keep reading it on Sunday.

pffft, just as full of sh*t as the rest of 'em, just written better.