PDA

View Full Version : Trackpad Problems

aaron_meredith
26th January 2005, 11:25 AM
This problem has only started in the last hour.

The tackpad on my ibook G4 will freeze or stall, and then come back to life after 5 seconds or so. This problem also totally freezed my computer before, which i had to manually restart the the iBook.

Should i take it in to be looked at at an Apple Centre, i cleaned the pad yesterday, using some non alcholic LCD screen wipes, but every other time i have done this, there has no been a problem, only when i got my ibook out of slepp this morning.

Any help or ideas would be great

Thanks!

turin
26th January 2005, 11:51 AM
I've had that problem with my iBook G3.
I never did anything about it, though it was annoying, I had bigger problems with it (ie logic board) and now its getting replaced.

Also, it only happened once every couple of weeks, and it was impossible to reproduce so I decided against taking it in to be looked at.

Byrd
26th January 2005, 08:01 PM
Sounds like a possibility of corrupt PRAM settings - more unusual things have happened when the PRAM has fone awry. Hold down :cmd: -option-P-R immediately at startup and keep these keys held down until you hear three chimes.

- Does an external mouse work when this happens?

JB

aaron_meredith
26th January 2005, 09:35 PM
I have never used an exteral mouse with my iBook, so i dont really know.

I will try out one in the morning. I am buying one of thos Stark Mouses by Microsoft tomorow, so when i get theat i will let you know how i get on.

I have degressed the trackpad speed, and that has seemed to fix the problem.. for now.

anyone know what could the problem of been??

-Aaron