PDA

View Full Version : mbox to gmail problem

The Architect.mac
4th July 2007, 05:23 PM
Hi guys

I assume a few of you might have done this before... Finally shelved entourage and moved to gmail for my work and home addressess. They are both just forwarding to gmail and its working well...

I have the .mbox files and have tried Mark Lyons GML loader python script with python mega widgets and all that works but it errors on the files and doesn't upload any...

I have then imported the mbox files to Thunderbird 2 and then rebuilt the indexes and compacted the folders and then re-exported...

Still no luck...

Here is the error fro using the not so strict mbox type...

Gmail Loader (GML)
By Mark Lyon <mark@marklyon.org>
Version: 0.5 - 25 Jun 04 16:00

mBox (Less Strict - Solves Some Problems) at location /Users/Stealthmac/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/st61phoz.default/Mail/Local Folders/Inbox.sbd/Streetwise Opened Successfully.

*** 1 ERROR SENDING MESSAGE FROM: *** 1 MESSAGE READ FAILED, MAY BE MALFORMED. ERROR FOLLOWS.
Error Type: _tkinter.TclError
Error Val : wrong # args: should be ".2582288.2582488.2582448 insert index chars ?tagList chars tagList ...?"

Done. Stats: 0 success 1 error 1 skipped.

Note some of the email in these folder came from outlook 2003 years ago was run through littlemachines 02m and then have been in entourage 2004... some of the folders however have only been in entourage... Thunderbird is seeing all the folders and mail fine... I have even ree-ncoded in UTF-8 and things like that...

I really want to consolidate all the mail on gmail, any help would be appreciated... Thanks...