PDA

View Full Version : Decryption this is for you - iPhone Accident

BlowMeDown
3rd July 2007, 04:10 PM
Unfortunately it seems the glass on the iPhone is rather easy to smash. THIS (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ficharker/sets/72157600594051928/) guy accidentally dropped his iPhone whilst it was still charging and the pendulum motion of the iPhone connected to the power cord created a nasty smash on the edge of his screen.

Luckily Apple replaced it free of charge.

Disko
3rd July 2007, 04:14 PM
indeed.
Well, I guess I'm the clumsiest person in the world. I managed to smash the screen less than 24 hours after I got it. I tried answering a call while it was plugged in and the short cord pulled it out of my hand and hit the corner of a table on the way down. 100% my fault. Believe it or not, I brought this into the Apple store and they gave me a brand new phone for free. Talk about fantastic customer care. I am in love 4-eva with Apple.

ethania05
3rd July 2007, 04:18 PM
This picture will indeed make the virgins cry.

bartron
3rd July 2007, 04:22 PM
Ha....when I heard Apple decided to replace the plastic with glass I wondered how long would it take for someone to smash the screen (accidently that is)

bastards.....everyone has an iPhone :mad:

Kuma
3rd July 2007, 04:24 PM
but then there is this test...

czCCavcnNd8

BlowMeDown
3rd July 2007, 04:37 PM
but then there is this test...

"Darn thing still works!?".. it's as if this guy's determined to break it just to prove the point of Mac vs PC again. What a dweeb! :thumbdn:

Shere Khaan
3rd July 2007, 05:02 PM
It looks like the main vulnerabilty is sharp impacts on the screen. I've seen a few reports of broken screens and it is all drops into sharp objects like table corners etc.