PDA

View Full Version : Mac iPod Nano Software Download???

pixelperfect
2nd July 2007, 10:06 PM
Hi All,

I have an iMac 3G that i am using as my semi-primary machine now, I also have a Windows Formatted iPod nano, unfortunately, the iMac is not connected to the internet, so i can't use iTunes 7 to download the update...
I want to know.. is there standalone mac version of 1.3.1 available??? does anyone have a copy of it or a link to apple's site (from iTunes 6 days??!).

It still works with the mac, but I hate seeing Format: Windows, everytime the iPod syncs... and i am sure it has other disadvantages...

thanks in advanced..

-Stephen Rose

mvjs
2nd July 2007, 10:09 PM
No, all updates to the iPod Software are conducted via iTunes. The standalone application for updates has been discontinued and hasn't been compiled for recent updates anyway.

pixelperfect
2nd July 2007, 10:16 PM
ya, i know... thats the problem, but if someone has that older version for download, thats all i need.

dev_enter
2nd July 2007, 10:16 PM
This appears to have been the last of the standalone iPod updaters: http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ipodupdater20060628formac.html

pixelperfect
2nd July 2007, 10:27 PM
oh, thats annoying... thats only version 1.2, not 1.3.1... i think i might email apple, i don't know.. everything requires the net these days aaah! - not that i am against that i am a web designer.

dev_enter
2nd July 2007, 10:39 PM
ya, i know... thats the problem, but if someone has that older version for download, thats all i need.

applecollector
2nd July 2007, 10:41 PM
i may have a copy i'll look on my HD for you.

pixelperfect
2nd July 2007, 10:47 PM
has that been censored??? :eek:

dev_enter
2nd July 2007, 10:50 PM
Nah, I wanted to just quote you without saying anything, but the forum software wouldn't let me.

I tried to be sneaky by entering five non-breaking spaces instead of actual characters, and it changed them to asterisks for me. :(

pixelperfect
2nd July 2007, 10:59 PM
Nah, I wanted to just quote you without saying anything, but the forum software wouldn't let me.

I tried to be sneaky by entering five non-breaking spaces instead of actual characters, and it changed them to asterisks for me. :(
quote me why? still confused... anyway... doesn't matter.