PDA

View Full Version : Non-USA iPhone Lovers Revolt!

decryption
2nd July 2007, 04:20 PM
Oh Joy of Tech, you're spot on the money, blimey.

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/9871/979ra8.gif

So who in Melbourne is up for some picketing outside Apple's St.Kilda Rd offices? :D

queraxus
2nd July 2007, 04:25 PM
It may shock you decryption, but there are many, many of us who don't care about the iPhone.

decryption
2nd July 2007, 04:26 PM
It may shock you decryption, but there are many, many of us who don't care about the iPhone.

Simply avoid the "iPod, iPhone, Accessories" forum and you won't see any iPhone threads :)

silverdreamer
2nd July 2007, 04:27 PM
Please, Please Please! Somebody buy Decryption an iphone!.... Put us all out of his misery!:D

iSlayer
2nd July 2007, 04:50 PM

Ill say what i said to someone else the other day.
If you don't want to hear about the iPhone then ignore threads with the word iPhone in the title and you wont have any problems :)

queraxus
2nd July 2007, 04:50 PM
Bit hard to avoid them at the moment, what with the hysteria and such.

Domenic
2nd July 2007, 04:55 PM
HAHA
That's a good comic!

I REALLY want an iPhone! Oh, and queraxus has a point- it is kinda hard to avoid them at the moment, everywhere you look, it's iPHONE this, iPHONE that!

Dom

spargo
2nd July 2007, 04:55 PM
I think that cartoon is shit.

decryption
2nd July 2007, 05:04 PM
Why are people getting so nasty over a trivial comic? :(

iSlayer
2nd July 2007, 05:08 PM

ignore them. The comic is funny :)

silverdreamer
2nd July 2007, 05:11 PM
ignore them. The comic is funny :)

I second this good mans opinion!:p

mab
2nd July 2007, 05:17 PM
I'd more interested if this (http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/financialpost/story.html?id=0d0fa453-8a22-4dd0-b244-53f03146da8e&k=11216) is true and comes to Australia

morgs
2nd July 2007, 05:24 PM
Are there any organised efforts yet to be able to show apple that we want iPhones too. Some kind of website that logs peoples interest?

tommelbourne
2nd July 2007, 05:28 PM
Are there any organised efforts yet to be able to show apple that we want iPhones too. Some kind of website that logs peoples interest?

I'm sure Apple knows - they really aren't stupid! Mobile phones are an item popular the world over, and i have no doubt that Apple will be planning to get the iPhone into as many markets as possible. Plus, i am sure that many people at Apple Australia will be very keen to make some serious money off the Australian public!

ethania05
2nd July 2007, 05:29 PM
Theres this thing called supply and demand people. And theres a saying, "All good things come to those who wait" So why not wait because it will eventually come here you greedy greedy people. :p

morgs
2nd July 2007, 05:32 PM
Actually it is probably not Apple that needs convincing. It is the likes of Telstra and Vodafone, even though I don't want Telstra to get the iPhone. Maybe the site could log that too.

asphotos
2nd July 2007, 05:33 PM
I'd more interested if this (http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/financialpost/story.html?id=0d0fa453-8a22-4dd0-b244-53f03146da8e&k=11216) is true and comes to Australia

imagine opening up your phone, typing "home-mum" and clicking

"im feeling lucky"

could make for interesting phone calls

:)

silverdreamer
2nd July 2007, 05:45 PM

Why push it?... Show a bit of patience, and as a result end up with a product that is market tested.:)

DJY
2nd July 2007, 05:57 PM
Please, Please Please! Somebody buy Decryption an iphone!.... Put us all out of his misery!:D

What about me?

If someone buys Decryption one... can they make it one for me too!

I unlike some members still can't get enough of the iPhone...
and if there is anyway I can get one unlocked and working here I will!

spargo
2nd July 2007, 06:12 PM
I don't like it, just like I don't like the new Smashing Pumpkin's album - but hey, that's just my opinion.

I do like the iPhone, but I have enough patience to know that they're just doing what's best for the company.

Australia is a piss-ant fickle little country when it comes to its tech (i.e. in comparison to Asian nations), and considering our ordinary IT infrastructure networks, I don't blame Steve for not getting on a plane and rushing it out here to a country with only 21 million people.

Let them deliver it to the bigger markets first, make good profits, then in turn allow the company to do bigger and better things with said profits. If it's the iPhone that allows Apple to do more with it's Mac computing arm then I'd rather see it fully expand across Asia, Europe, and the Middle East before they bother with us.

And if you don't like my opinion, then that's just fine and dandy. I'm sure I'll sleep tonight :)

spargo
2nd July 2007, 06:20 PM
I still love you though big fella ;)

feeze
2nd July 2007, 06:26 PM
Actually it is probably not Apple that needs convincing. It is the likes of Telstra and Vodafone, even though I don't want Telstra to get the iPhone. Maybe the site could log that too.

These companies are only shitty because iTunes is dominating the music download market. But that said, money is money and I am sure that they would take on the iPhone (especially if Apple said that they are considering downloading music directly to the phone, data is where the real money is for the telco)

If they didn't take it one, someone will. I don't think Apple need to 'prove' itself to other telcos world wide.

I think we need to remember that the iPhone is a new product in a new market for Apple. A market that is mature, saturated and very competitive. There is a very real likelihood that the iPhone could flop, or not do as well as Apple and the shareholders expect. The iPod is a hard act to follow.

To roll out a world wide launch that requires multiple third party members and approval from multiple regulatory bodies is a big ask. To do so for a 1st generation product in a new market is insane, even for a company like Apple. If the iPhone were to flop on a world wide basis it would hurt Apple, a lot.

But, release the product in America, a market were the iPhone will succeed the most, and it becomes a success. The rest of the world will follow.

Apple are just currently dipping the toe in the water.

SyncMan
2nd July 2007, 06:28 PM
So who in Melbourne is up for some picketing outside Apple's St.Kilda Rd offices? :D

I am the closet, been inside their bunker before.

I have the sore foot again though, so no picketing for me!

macgeek
2nd July 2007, 06:44 PM
What a great idea, have the iPhone be released in Australia.. so we can all pay insanely high prices to use the data services that the iPhone offers.

Seriously, the iPhone is not a viable market in Australia where we pay through the teeth to Telstra for phone data useage... and to be honest, it isn't going to change anytime soon.

mechcon
2nd July 2007, 06:45 PM
the iPhone is coming to europe later this year, and asian territories (including australia) in 2008, why protest now? would you folk be protesting to get it sooner than what apple has stated? why not do the same for Leopard? :P

Look I'm not attacking the comic or the mob who want the iphone sooner, in fact that comic was pretty funny.. it's just, if Apple did state that they will release it at the set (approximate) dates, then it will happen.

BlowMeDown
2nd July 2007, 07:00 PM

Agreed, I'm so over reading about it everywhere. It's not like Steve Jobs didn't make it perfectly clear that we won't be seeing the iPhone in this country until at the earliest beginning of next year. But I guess some people are easily swept up in the whole marketing scam of a product easily.

decryption
2nd July 2007, 07:11 PM
Agreed, I'm so over reading about it everywhere. It's not like Steve Jobs didn't make it perfectly clear that we won't be seeing the iPhone in this country until at the earliest beginning of next year. But I guess some people are easily swept up in the whole marketing scam of a product easily.

I think I'll post more iPhone stuff just to spite you :D

areal
2nd July 2007, 07:16 PM
Why not, since there isn't much else going down with Apple right now.

nicwithsticks
2nd July 2007, 07:46 PM

See, now I just can't get enough of the bloody thing! I've been trawling sites for the last few days drinking in every single bit of info, and watching every relevant video. I'll probably be iPhone obsessed for the next few weeks, until it all dies down and I concede that it will be next year when I finally ditch my current phone and hold this sweet piece techno-lust in my hands.

Until then, I'll be frequenting posts such as this, and anything iPhone related. If you don't like it, don't read it. Most tech blogs like Gizmodo and Engadget offer iPhone-free feeds, so you can avoid it if you wish.

I must be going though, gotta watch the guided tour 1 more time, and prepare my pristine fake iPhone cut-out to keep me company until next year :P

mechcon
2nd July 2007, 07:48 PM
Why not, since there isn't much else going down with Apple right now.

not that you know at least! :P or have you forgotten about the development of Leopard?

vicmeldrew
2nd July 2007, 07:50 PM
What is the advantage of being a guinea pig for a truly 1st generation product?

Liked the cartoon though.

ilostmypassword
2nd July 2007, 07:58 PM
hvNujZ3ZDKs

*excellent* :D

Die iPhone Die!!

silverdreamer
2nd July 2007, 08:05 PM
not that you know at least! :P or have you forgotten about the development of Leopard?

No we have not Forgotten about Leopard, It's just that some people, (No names mentioned!) have had the novelty of being able to "test out" the new Leopard features. Whereas those same people (Again, no names mantioned!) have not had the chance to test said iphone!:D

silverdreamer
2nd July 2007, 08:06 PM
hvNujZ3ZDKs

*excellent* :D

Die iPhone Die!!

Dickhead!:eek:

The Fluffy Duck
2nd July 2007, 09:07 PM
seriously we need to kick every mobile carrier out of australia and get new ones. Ours suck!

Kuma
2nd July 2007, 09:16 PM
I think that is a great comic.

just another reason to pick on the US. (like we need another one though).

BlowMeDown
3rd July 2007, 12:08 AM
I think I'll post more iPhone stuff just to spite you :D

Well I'm prepared to wait for this iPhone to get to Australia, it's obviously version 2

1xXNoB3t8vM

silverdreamer
3rd July 2007, 12:34 AM
Well I'm prepared to wait for this iPhone to get to Australia, it's obviously version 2

1xXNoB3t8vM

Johnny come lately!... Been posted a dozen times already!:rolleyes:

BlowMeDown
3rd July 2007, 12:46 AM
Johnny come lately!... Been posted a dozen times already!:rolleyes:

That might be the case, I was merely stating in this thread that this would possibly get my interest in the iPhone.

I guess posting this video again is probably no more over saturated than continued posts about having the iPhone in Australia when it's really not going to happen very soon. :rolleyes: