PDA

View Full Version : Hide extension works on everything except one app



Jaffa
1st July 2007, 10:40 AM
I have a little problem. Its nothing much but its annoying me a little.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/48/picture1rz6.png

YET it appears as:

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/8459/picture2iu0.png

in the finder.

Could someone please help me here?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Ginamos
1st July 2007, 01:22 PM
I notice it also happens with last.fm.app on my Mac, although "Adobe Help Viewer 1.0" is fine for me.

soulman
1st July 2007, 01:45 PM
Maybe it's not the extension. Did you try just deleting it?

The Architect.mac
1st July 2007, 02:34 PM
i just removed adobe reader as it was terribly cluttered with the help viewer the updater, the daemon and the folders in documents etc... preview just renders everything so much faster... but i suppose if you have other adobe apps you need all that...

Jaffa
1st July 2007, 10:16 PM
Maybe it's not the extension. Did you try just deleting it?


i just removed adobe reader as it was terribly cluttered with the help viewer the updater, the daemon and the folders in documents etc... preview just renders everything so much faster... but i suppose if you have other adobe apps you need all that...


I have tried deleting the extension and then it changes the extension to ".0". So I deleted the app altogether, although Adobe Reader put it back there!

Jeff

Jaffa
2nd July 2007, 12:54 PM
Anyone?

Ginamos
3rd July 2007, 04:17 PM
Googling around, I think it's a bug, Jaffa.

I've been checking out my problem with the "Last.fm.app". When I check extensions in RCDefaultApp (http://www.rubicode.com/Software/RCDefaultApp/), ".fm" is a valid extension for another application on my machine, this appears to be the source of the problem. Looks like OS X parses the title incorrectly, if a valid "." something extension is found in the title. I assume in your case ".0" is a valid extension, used by another app.

A solution could be to either remove the app that uses or ".0" extension or mess around with plists and rebuild the LaunchServices database. I haven't bothered to go this far, I think I'll just live with the ".app" showing. :)