PDA

View Full Version : Not Keeping Time

The Fluffy Duck
30th June 2007, 09:24 PM
I have a macbook pro and its having difficulty keeping the time. IT keeps the minute alright but when I turn it of and on Th hour is off and its AM all the time. Is it a battery problem?

purana
30th June 2007, 09:30 PM
Have you got the correct timezone set in the Open Date & Time (and check Time Zone).

I noticed my iMac 20" changed from Sydney - Australia back to its default setting of California after I applied 10.4.10. Don't ask me why but it did. First time I've evet saw it do that.

The Fluffy Duck
30th June 2007, 10:16 PM
yep correct time zone same things happens in widows xp as well :(

The Fluffy Duck
30th June 2007, 11:47 PM
bump?

Byrd
1st July 2007, 08:56 AM
Only thing I could think of is try turning off "set date and time automically" and set the date/time manually.

JB

purana
1st July 2007, 09:05 AM
If your booting into bootcamp often then it seems to be causing some issues with this too.

gelfie
1st July 2007, 10:04 AM
Yeah, Windows and OS X store their time differently. OS X uses UTC, and Windows uses GMT, or some such. Anyway the result is that switching between the OS'es messes your clock up.

The Fluffy Duck
1st July 2007, 02:40 PM
anyway to fix this issue?

thebookfreak58
1st July 2007, 02:56 PM

Set your time zone to somewhere that uses GMT time like click around the West Africa region, then you need to set the time by hand. Also, switch off the auto Internet time sync, this should fix the time issue with BootCamp and OSX.

Squozen
1st July 2007, 06:14 PM

Uninstalling Windows fixes many issues. :D

gelfie
1st July 2007, 09:26 PM
I just have my mac setup to sync with a network time server. Bootcamp messes my clock up, but by the time I log back into OS X, it has resynced to the correct time from the time server.

You can find it in the Date and Time panel.

STK
1st July 2007, 09:41 PM
My macbook pro does this. I turned of set date and time automatically. Seemed to be fixed now...Alltho an off topic issue my Clock section of system prefs always locks up :@!

fuchingsiang
1st July 2007, 10:08 PM
This is what happens on my iMac when I come back from Bootcamp-Windows:

1. Time is off, usually 7,8 hours ahead (i.e. sometime next day)
2. When you *somehow* fix the time, the dock's magnifying effect stops working, just the effect.
3. If there is something in the trash, emptying it will still show, yes.. just show, that the trash is filled.

Solution (for me):
1. Make sure you set it to synchronise with internet time server.
2. Everytime u return from Windows, open up Time & Date, it will start synching.
3. Once done, re-login.

It's tedious, but so far the quickest I could figure out.

The Fluffy Duck
1st July 2007, 10:20 PM
thanks for the help. I was getting worried I had a dodgy clock battery n the motherboard (logicboard)

NelsonX
21st July 2007, 07:12 PM
It looks I have the same issue - i guess a boot camp problem?

Nelson