PDA

View Full Version : iPhone in the media, part 2

stefanlod
30th June 2007, 04:53 PM
Now that the iPhone has been released in the US, let's see how well the news will permeate in Australia. I'm just gonna keep tabs on a couple of news shows tonight, but let's keep our eyes out. I'll add to this later depending on how well the post goes... (or else mods can just add to this if they want)

Free to air TV:

ABC:
7: yes (not in Victoria)
9:
10: yes
SBS:

Newspapers

The Age (fairfax):
SMH (fairfax): yes
Herald Sun:
Australian:

news.com.au: yes
fairfax: yes

Rasta
30th June 2007, 04:57 PM
Channel 10 have already done an article on it in their news at 5pm

The Courier Mail (aka news.com.au) did one today too....

DJY
30th June 2007, 05:14 PM
add Channel 7 to the list.
They just did a very quick article mentioning it - and the hundreds already on ebay!?!

Shere Khaan
30th June 2007, 05:14 PM
All the Australian media do watered down versions of the US reviews and interviews. You'd be better sticking with the US stuff as it's less diluted such as Pogue, Mossberg Newsweek etc.

conufsed
30th June 2007, 05:16 PM
Seven news had pretty snippets of the same coverage that Ten did. My wife finally understands why I want one so badly. Looks like we'll be buying two when they get here (she checked on ebay for curiositys sake)

DJY
30th June 2007, 05:24 PM
News.com.au aka Australian IT also have run info on the iPhone domain name
http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,24897,21987969-15306,00.html

Sydney Morning Herald (online) also have a few articles... and I'd expect if I looked other large news sites in Australia will by now have picked the story up.

catbert6
30th June 2007, 05:42 PM
Sydney Morning Herald had a full page article - not a review

Mohawk
30th June 2007, 05:53 PM
Not reallly Australian, but if I see one more piece about the iPhone in Time magazine I will scream.
For the past 4 issues, there have been Complete 2 - 4 page articles on how its going to revolutionise business, change the path of mobile phones everywhere, and create more space for Tinkerbell in Peter Pans bloody pockets... I don't care.

I'm guessing that everyone at Time wants a free iPhone from Steve, either that or Apple is paying these guys up big time.

/rant

step_andy
30th June 2007, 06:24 PM
For Christ sake, it is just a darn phone! It is not a cure for a cancer or common cold.
I can't believe that it is hitting front page news across the globe. Common, get a grip!

:o

bartron
30th June 2007, 06:43 PM
For Christ sake, it is just a darn phone! It is not a cure for a cancer or common cold.
I can't believe that it is hitting front page news across the globe. Common, get a grip!

:o

Reality distortion field at its best :)

Channel 9 news (Sydney) ran a story on it last night.

Bartron

jonargall
30th June 2007, 06:51 PM
Nothing to do with the iPhone, but this is my all-time favourite Apple ad.
Apparently it was played just once, half-time at the Superbowl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d29mff8mEeo&mode=related&search=

NelsonX
30th June 2007, 08:16 PM
Interestingly, I didn't see much coverage from Aust. networks tonight (the day after US launch). I guess its probably the time difference?

Nelson