PDA

View Full Version : ACA to review Iphone

TLCAUS
28th June 2007, 09:15 PM
A Current Affair, is plugging doing a review tomorrow night ( Friday) on the Iphone, i wonder how they got there hands on One :confused:

Edit : Ahh you could be right, i am sitting to far away from the Telly to see it, i just keep hearing the voice over from the next room.

purana
28th June 2007, 09:16 PM
They probably didn't. Probably running the review from one of the US people :)

shiny
28th June 2007, 09:19 PM
In one of the shots they showed you could see a big C-Net sign, so probably using their review, wonder if they will mention it is only available in US.

Alec Fraser
28th June 2007, 09:26 PM
This from the crew who last year, when comparing iPods to other MP3 players to prove how shoddy they are, used old mono-screen models of the iPod and iPod Mini. It's amazing how many intelligent people I heard bagging out the iPod after that...of course seeing as they believed what they saw on ACA, my opinion of them was lowered quite drastically.

DJY
28th June 2007, 09:57 PM
and Channel 20 did a story on it the other night - from their US correspondent...
outside the shop with the big demo display iPhone's in the front windows.

Maticks
28th June 2007, 09:58 PM
seems to be a cnet australia review, prob will be the cnet people demoing it.
don't know why they're doing it so soon as it wont be here till prob christmas.

Just enough time for the Chinese knockoff's to hit the market and a microsoft version that has compatibility issues with Vista :)

mini_Matt
28th June 2007, 09:59 PM
Unfortunately more people watch ACA now there is stuff all on TV at that time. People get sucked right in everytime

[MREVO8]
28th June 2007, 10:03 PM
Their puff piece proclaimed "Throw out your phone!"... And then what? Go without one until the iPhone is available here?

Joe90
28th June 2007, 10:07 PM
Gawd... ACA? Nooooooo! They'll be following it through a carpark accusing the phone of dodgy investments in Queensland. Maybe they'll chain it up in a retirement home.

grfxninja
29th June 2007, 07:40 PM
anybody catch it? I switched the telly on just as it finished with them saying something about there being phones already available that do the same stuff as the iphone...

What else did they have to say?

decryption
29th June 2007, 07:57 PM
I'd love to know what they said about it - anyone got a video capture of it? :D

marc
29th June 2007, 08:04 PM
Hhaha.

I saw it by mistake. Wouldn't watch that garbage by choice.

Some good bits (roughly paraphrased):

"It's no good because it's not 3G" -- Duh! It will be when it's available to buy here.
"Other phones have more advanced features, like GPS" -- Meh. And a UI that sucks.
"It'll be popular with young kids" -- ...and everyone else.

Typical glossed over, poorly researched crap with sound bytes from Cnet.