PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a IPOD

lazydesi
28th June 2007, 02:12 PM
Hi,

I am looking to buy a Ipod , currently in Frequency site the 30GB Blcack one was ~330$

was it a good price?

or wait until release of iphone:D :D :D :D :D :D (free ipod)

Disko
28th June 2007, 02:15 PM
You won't see an iPhone in Australia any time soon. :)

Yes, $330 is a good price for a 30GB iPod, but Frequency are interstate, and you can probably go and pick one up somewhere in Adelaide today if you feel the need.

mvjs
28th June 2007, 02:15 PM
$330 is a great price ($349 is the RRP) for a new iPod

Apple have referbished iPods available on their website for $270. (it's the last revision, you'll miss some screen brightness but that's about all)

You could be waiting till the end of 2008 for the iPhone so I wouldn't hold out.

lazydesi
28th June 2007, 02:23 PM
You won't see an iPhone in Australia any time soon. :)

Yes, $330 is a good price for a 30GB iPod, but Frequency are interstate, and you can probably go and pick one up somewhere in Adelaide today if you feel the need.

they are on the way and hitting the ozzie shore in jan08 (iphones)

lazydesi
28th June 2007, 02:24 PM
actualy its 339Aud

mvjs
28th June 2007, 02:27 PM
they are on the way and hitting the ozzie shore in jan08 (iphones)

What's your source for that information?

When Apple says iPhones are coming to Asia (that is to say, Australia) in 2008, that doesn't necessarily mean the first month of the year. Past Apple records indicate that it's usually at the last possible point in the indicated timeframe. e.g. iPhone US launch, timeframe indicated June, release June 29, iTunes Movies international, timeframe indicated 2007, still yet to surface.

lazydesi
28th June 2007, 02:33 PM
What's your source for that information?

When Apple says iPhones are coming to Asia (that is to say, Australia) in 2008, that doesn't necessarily mean the first month of the year. Past Apple records indicate that it's usually at the last possible point in the indicated timeframe. e.g. iPhone US launch, timeframe indicated June, release June 29, iTunes Movies international, timeframe indicated 2007, still yet to surface.

http://www.smartofficenews.com.au/Technology/Hardware/X3L8K4A2

tcn33
28th June 2007, 02:54 PM
...according to sources in Taiwan...
There's your problem.

MrJesseRoss
28th June 2007, 03:46 PM
Exactly. More unsubstantiated rumormongering. Never trust 'Taiwanese sources' because they are always wrong.

We will only know a launch date for the iPhone in Australia when Apple, not some manufacturer in Asia, announces it.

lazydesi
3rd July 2007, 11:10 AM
any good deals on ipod?

Kuma
3rd July 2007, 11:16 AM
Your mate in Japan ... $315 for 30GB shipped EMS to your door...

QueenOfSwords
3rd July 2007, 12:07 PM
$330 is a great price ($349 is the RRP) for a new iPod

Apple have referbished iPods available on their website for $270. (it's the last revision, you'll miss some screen brightness but that's about all)

You could be waiting till the end of 2008 for the iPhone so I wouldn't hold out.

I can confirm this is a good idea in the interim... I bought a refurb a week or two ago and the condition is perfect. Of course it comes with new headphones :D and the 'don't steal music' sticky label.

richbowen
4th July 2007, 12:01 PM
I bought a "refurb" Nano from Apple online last week. Shipped in 24 hours. Pretty sure it was unused (surplus stock) rather than refurb. It is the previous model. Unfortunately it came with the old style headphones, but apart from that perfect!