PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver CS3 on G3

Dopamina
22nd June 2007, 03:03 PM
I try to install DW CS3 on my G3 w 640 ram memory and it doesn`t work...I saw on the system requiriements and ask for G4 processor.

Sorry, I just migrate from PC to Mac and my questions can be stupid. Even with more memory than the requirements ask, it for sure will not work with G3?

Thanks

Disko
22nd June 2007, 03:06 PM
I doubt it'll work with a G3 in the end. You're probably better off with CS1 or CS2, which probably isn't what you want to hear after buying CS3...

Aa
22nd June 2007, 03:55 PM
Thats a very old machine to try to do graphics on Dopamina. Very painful.

you can pick up second hand mac minis or G5 iMacs pretty cheaply on eBays nowadays. my G4 1.25ghz powerbook will struggle with CS3. I'm upgrading my hardware before upgrading my software, i recommend you do the same.

thorevenge
22nd June 2007, 04:36 PM
Its just Dreamweaver and not hugely graphically intensive.

Sorry to see it there but yeah I don't think the G3 will cut it sadly. Much like Adobe Creative Suite 2 (the entire suite) needed a G4 and 512Mb RAM to install I expect as much from CS3.

Try to get your hands on DW MX or MX 2004 - they should do the trick. There isn't much extra to CS3 except for Spry and Photoshop Integration.

applecollector
22nd June 2007, 04:52 PM
I had Cs3 photoshop running on the G3 466Mhz Clamshell and it was even the beta!

Dopamina
21st July 2007, 11:38 PM
Thank you for the answers!
I had some time busy but now I can comment again.

Disko, yeah, it is a problem but luckily I didn't buy it. I was almost going to buy from the Adobe website. So I got the try to see what was the new differences, and it didn't work. I got a second hand MX and the CS2's for now and it worked well for now, until this fu***** G3 start with some problems with the videoboard.

Aa, I really didn't know almost nothing aboout the G3 fame. I was ripped off...but was my faulty too, I should research more about those laptops. I'm in a foreigner country (originally from Brazil and living in NZ for one year), and my friend just asked for some fast work so I was thinking to buy a second hand Apple...so I found this G3 800mhz for 600 kiwis and thought that was really cheap! And now I understand why it was so cheap eheheh...for now I can't sell this one coz I need to finish some work and don't have enough money, but I'm looking foward to buy another one very soon. But are you importing from USA? Or in Australia do u use a australian eBay? I'm going to Brisbane in the end of the year...maybe I will buy there. But thanks for the answer.

thorevenge, thanks for the answer too. It didn't worked eheheh, but it is ok, I'm working with the MX for now, also Flash MX! Hmmm...ahah, it's the unique way but its allright for now. I thought that didn't have too much news on the DMCS3 allthought Photoshop integration would be very useful for me and must be for everyone eheheh

Applecollecotr, I didn't try the Photoshop CS3 and I will not...CS2 have beign allright but sometimes u can feel that it is really heavy for that laptop. Thanks anyway!

Thank you very much,
Me