PDA

View Full Version : iPhoto opens with usb drive

mattyb
18th June 2007, 09:26 AM
This is dumb but I can't figure out how to stop iPhoto opening every time I insert my USB flash drive.
Is there a setting somewhere I can change?
It seems to recognise it as a camera.

melted.marsbar
18th June 2007, 10:04 AM
Look for a folder called DSCM (or something like that). I'm pretty sure that's what signals iPhoto to think that it's a camera.

If you don't want iPhoto to open, delete the folder. I'd recommend checking its contents first, just in case there are some photos you like :p

bartron
18th June 2007, 10:42 AM
launch Image Capture (in Applications) and go to prefrences and yo can change what happens when a digital camera is attached.

As for what constitutes a digital camera, I beleive it is as melted.marsbar suggests...i.e. there will a folder on your USB drive like "DCIM" or something similar that OS X associated with being a digital camera (a digital camera to OS X just looks like another USB drive).

Bartron

mattyb
19th June 2007, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the tips.
I couldn't find any such folder so I backup everything and deleted it all. It's no longer recognising it as a camera now so that's great.
I wonder if it was because there were pictures on there. Is there an iPhoto setting or OS-X setting that opens iPhoto because it's found new pictures?

nmgeek
24th June 2008, 02:08 PM
After I added a folder named, images, to the top level folder of
my USB drive iPhoto started opening when I plugged it in.

After I deleted the images folder iPhoto stopped opening.