PDA

View Full Version : video from a digital camera

thephydeaux
17th June 2007, 03:26 PM
Hey guys.

My daughter in law took some video of our grandson on her kodak snapshot digital cam. All good, except she held the camera "portrait" so now the video is sideways when viewed. Is there any way of turning it around by 90 degrees? (other than putting the TV on its side that is, in case you were going to suggest that :p )

Thanks

Tim R

rpjallan
17th June 2007, 04:40 PM
What file type is it? I have done this in Quicktime. I'm not sure if you need Quicktime Pro for this. And I think it only works if you play it back in Quicktime also...

detail
17th June 2007, 05:08 PM
You can do this with a program called MPEG Streamclip.

You can find it at:

http://www.squared5.com/

"You can use MPEG Streamclip to open and play most movie formats including MPEG files or transport streams; edit them with Cut, Copy, Paste, and Trim; set In/Out points and convert them into muxed or demuxed files, or export them to QuickTime, AVI, DV and MPEG-4 files with more than professional quality, so you can easily import them in a DVD authoring tool, and use them with many other applications or devices"

PS Its free.

thephydeaux
17th June 2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks

good info

I have quicktime pro, but couldnt see how to do it with that .... could be of course because I'm thick :D

Tim R

rpjallan
17th June 2007, 07:17 PM
I've just been looking how I did this...

Open you movie file in Quicktime. Under the Window menu select Show Movie Properties. Click on the Video Track and then click down on the Visual Settings tab. There you will find Flip/Rotate settings.

The camera I have actually outputs native Quicktime .mov files. I don't know if this will work with other file types...