PDA

View Full Version : Airport express with itunes

silverdreamer
15th June 2007, 10:35 PM
Can anyone explain to me why, when watching movies in itunes (Music Clips etc) the sound is restricted to the inbuilt speakers, or speakers that are physically connected to the computer?Wheras the itunes libray and radio play though the airport to my JBL speakers.:confused:

STK
15th June 2007, 10:37 PM
Bottom right. Should say whatever you have named the speakers..

silverdreamer
15th June 2007, 10:44 PM
Bottom right. Should say whatever you have named the speakers..

Okay,......so open itunes..... play a movie, and tell me it's coming from your airtunes speakers.........Because it won't. ..... Thats why I am asking the question, WHY?:confused:
If there is a way to do it, someone let me in on the secret, But that ain't it!

Shatter
15th June 2007, 10:46 PM
Get AirFoil and select iTunes as the output. Problem solved.

STK
15th June 2007, 10:47 PM
Hmm that happens to me aswell when I play a movie. I sniff a bug. It comes out softer on my inbuilt speakers when I select the external speakers..

silverdreamer
15th June 2007, 10:48 PM
Get AirFoil and select iTunes as the output. Problem solved.

What be airfoil ?

Not interested in a secondary Application to watch the movies, want to be able to watch in itunes, want to know why it aint in the software?
:D

Shatter
15th June 2007, 10:49 PM
What be airfoil ?

Not interested in a secondary Application to watch the movies, want to be able to watch in itunes, want to know why it aint in the software?
:D

AirFoil (http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/mac/)

silverdreamer
15th June 2007, 10:55 PM
AirFoil (http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/mac/)

Had a look but I dont think that will work to get the audio from itunes movies to the itunes airport, (not included in dropdown.)

I have downloaded the clips through itunes, and it pisses me off that the audio is restricted to the inbuilts. Cant understand why this is so.
still, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. Seems strange is all.

zbaron
15th June 2007, 11:14 PM
Considering the amount of buffering that goes on while sending audio via AirTunes to the APX, it would be awfully hard to keep the audio and video in sync.

Johnny Appleseed
15th June 2007, 11:22 PM
Alas AirTunes has never supported the audio from video content.