PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed



leongt
20th January 2005, 03:23 PM
My son's Imac keyboard beep's when he hit's a key and he cannot use it to surf the net, is it just a case of faulty keyboard or some thing wrong with the Imac it's self, as I only use a PC I would like some help on this.

thanks leon :D

Edge
20th January 2005, 03:36 PM
Is the num lock on? It's on the numeric keypad (top left) and prevents other buttons from being pressed if I remember correctly.

Is it the keyboard itself beeping or the iMac beeping when a key is pressed?

Disko
20th January 2005, 03:38 PM
try plugging a different keyboard in - see if it does the same thing.

Alessiman
20th January 2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Edge@Jan 20 2005, 03:36 PM
Is the num lock on? It's on the numeric keypad (top left) and prevents other buttons from being pressed if I remember correctly.

Is it the keyboard itself beeping or the iMac beeping when a key is pressed?
I thought the same thing. Except there is not num-lock key on a standard mac keyboard

Though it could very well be the error

leongt
20th January 2005, 09:06 PM
Thank's for the help but it seem's my son reinstalled OS 9.2 on his Imac and it seem's to have fixed the problem, we only arrived home 3 day's ago after suning myself in the Philippines an Singapore and the kid is being a pain already, I've got a feeling it's goig to be a long year, and a late happy new year to you all.

leon B)

Disko
20th January 2005, 09:29 PM
thanks leon - happy new year to you as well. :)

fompsweeva
20th January 2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by leongt@Jan 20 2005, 09:06 PM
Thank's for the help but it seem's my son reinstalled OS 9.2 on his Imac and it seem's to have fixed the problem, we only arrived home 3 day's ago after suning myself in the Philippines an Singapore and the kid is being a pain already, I've got a feeling it's goig to be a long year, and a late happy new year to you all.

leon B)
Yo Leon,

Where are you from? You remind me of my driving instructor. :)

-Mike

leongt
20th January 2005, 11:39 PM
Me, I'm from Melbourne.

soul assasin
21st January 2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Alessiman@Jan 20 2005, 03:44 PM
Except there is not num-lock key on a standard mac keyboard
On my iMac keyboard at least there is one, its situated directly above the '7' on the numpad.

It is shared with the 'clear' button.

Never used it though ;)