PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Elements 4 Crash on Start up

PartridgeAHA
13th June 2007, 08:51 PM
Hi,
I've been using Photoshop Elements 4 on my CD 2gig Intel Imac for over a year now with no problems but for the last few days, when I've tried to launch it, it crashes immediately.

The most recent software I've installed is Opera and before that, Azuerus. The console log reads like this:

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0/Photoshop Elements 4.0.app/Contents/Resources/
This is interesting: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0/Photoshop Elements 4.0.app/Contents/Resources/

Imac is a Core Duo 1, 2 GHz 20" Imac with 2 gig of ram, that's been otherwise faultless.

Any ideas?

Cheers

purana
13th June 2007, 08:54 PM
Have you attempted to reinstall the application?

W9cae
13th June 2007, 08:56 PM
There has recently been an update for 4.0 to 4.0.1 try updating & this might fix your problem.

PartridgeAHA
15th June 2007, 09:07 PM
I have just found my original install disc. After deleting the originla PSE 4 folder and reinstalling, it crashed again...

Grrrrr:confused:

Shatter
15th June 2007, 09:12 PM
I have just found my original install disc. After deleting the originla PSE 4 folder and reinstalling, it crashed again...

Grrrrr:confused:

did you try the update?

PartridgeAHA
16th June 2007, 09:14 AM
I have tried the update but to no avail.

The CS3 Extended demo works fine however

soulman
16th June 2007, 10:53 AM
There is a whole swag of Adobe stuff in the Preferences folder that probably would not have been touched in a reinstall. Try moving all this to the Desktop - one by one or all at once if you're in a hurry - and launching Elements again. If it doesn't change things then just move it back.

Also, Elements has a number of folders in its own folder that might be an issue. If you've just done a completely fresh install they should be OK but there are caches & plug-ins that might be problematic.

What about your hard drive? Have you checked it with Disk Utility lately? I had an issue recently where Safari started crashing - just on one site - then Preview stopped working. I checked the disk and found some issues. Repaired them and all is fine.

PartridgeAHA
17th August 2007, 04:26 PM
I'm bumping the thread since the cs3 demo has ended and All attempts to fix PSE 4 have failed.

To reiterate: I have delected all the folders with the application in, plus the folders from application support in the home library and the user library, reinstalled multiple times,
reinstalled the os update that had broken rosetta apps as well as a small hack in terminal that was recommended after a google search. No joy. The rest o fthe mahcine is functioning nicely. I would hate to have to go though a complete reinstall so close to the release of 10.5 and still have this issue but it seems I may have no choice- (though damn if Pixelmator or PSE 5 don't come out soon!)