PDA

View Full Version : How to close a widget?

warren21
20th January 2005, 12:49 AM
Hi,

I've got the free version of konfab and have all these widgets open but I have no idea how to close the ones I don't want. There appears to be no close widget option.
The only way I can rid of them off my desk top is to make them invsible in the preferwnces for that specific widget.

Is there a close widget option anywhere? Or do I have to just keep them invisible until I need them.

Thanks

suryo
20th January 2005, 12:55 AM
control-click (or right-click) on the widget, then select "Close Widget" from the contextual menu.

suryo
20th January 2005, 01:13 AM
Alternatively, or if that doesn't work, go into the Konfab menu and control-click on the name of the widget you wish to close.

downsys
20th January 2005, 01:28 AM
u can also press F8 to make all the widgets viewable, then right click (or ctrl+click) to get a menu list, then choose close widget.

AusMac
20th January 2005, 05:27 AM
Better still put konfabulator back in the trash. I just don't get what the fascination is. This is probably the most prominent haxie in the list of things I have never bothered downloading. A list which is usually reserved for Microsoft products.

Chr1s
20th January 2005, 08:08 AM
.. What's konfabulator?

warren21
20th January 2005, 09:40 AM
Hi all,

Thanks for the help.

Chr1s, Konfabulator is a little app that puts widgets (icons) on your desktop. These widgets (icons) can display information to you from the net such as the current wether in your local area, the stock market, news headlines, etc. I agree they are annoying having them all open so that's why I wanted to close the ones I didn't want.

The only one I have running is the wether. If you want to check it out, click on the apple symbol and go to MAC OS X Software. That will take you to the MAc download site, from there just type in Konfabulator and it will bring the download up for you.

Warren.
:D

Chr1s
20th January 2005, 09:58 AM
Sounds groovy.