PDA

View Full Version : Help!

iPirate
12th June 2007, 03:50 PM
I was editing information in Address Book when Address Book, iChat and Safari all crashed on me.

I force quitted them all, and then they would not re-open. So I rebooted, thinking that would solve everything. Wrong. iChat wanted my login information (but thankfully when I went through the first time process all my information was already in the text boxes so I was able to get back to where I was easily).

But even worse, Address Book had nothing in it. The trash had something in and I found 63 Vcards in there (well, a Vcard of 63 people) and restored that, but I am still missing quite a lot of people.

My iPod hasn't been updated yet, so I was wondering if I could restore information off that, and if so, how? I am worried that if I plug it into my Mac it might lose all its data.

I have access to two recent Macs, so if need be I could use the other one in case this Mac will make things worse.

In short:

My iPod is currently not in a mode where you can access the files, can I turn this on on the other Mac without that Mac trying to sync data?

Is there a program out there that can read the contacts on my iPod and make some vcards or whatever that Address Book can read and import so I have all my information back?

Any help would be really appreciated. I just don't want to have to try to type in all the data manually whilst reading off my iPod's screen (It's a Nano).

jeremy_warnock
12th June 2007, 03:54 PM
dont plug your ipod into your normal mac. If it updates automatically you will lose your contacts on that too. Take it to your other mac plug it in when it asks if you want update automagically say no and enable disk use - then you should be able to browse the contents of your ipod

iPirate
12th June 2007, 04:01 PM
Ok, it sounds like things are going to start looking up. Thanks.

Damnit. I thought I would be able to last until October before any disasters happened, and then I would have had Time Machine. Damnit.

iPirate
13th June 2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks guys. All the information is restored now. :D