PDA

View Full Version : DVD Rips & Chapter Markers

Silver
9th June 2007, 12:31 PM
I have started putting a few DVD onto disk to be able to stream to other computers around the house. I haven't been able to get chapter markers to work at all, however.

I have been using Handbrake with the AppleTV preset. "Create chapter markers" is checked on the main page and in the preferences for MP4 files. However, no chapters track appears in the movies produced.

I then tried using Metadata Hootenanny, but found this an unbelievably annoying program to use and when I eventually figured out how to get chapters to work, the outputted file did not work properly.

I then tried following the QT tutorial instructions here (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tutorials/chaptertracks.html) (exactly). This works, but not if the movie is closed and then reopened. In order to get it to work on subsequent openings, the Text Track has to be renabled and then disabled again. This is obviously a bad solution for streaming via Front Row.

Anyone have any ideas on what I could be doing wrong? How have you got it to work?

Silver
14th June 2007, 10:32 AM
To answer my own question, I found I could do this using layers in QT Pro. It is transparent and works well. However, it is time consuming to add. I'd still be interested if anyone knows of an automated way to make this work.