PDA

View Full Version : [Merged] Nokia Media Transfer app

The Architect.mac
9th June 2007, 11:45 AM
heads up...

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/25129/nokia-media-transport

maybe in fear of what the iphone will do to there sales Nokia have apparently put together a well rounded piece of mac software for the Nokia N series...

I don't have a nokia but apparently the beta is looking good...

enjoys...

johan
9th June 2007, 05:32 PM
europe.nokia.com/A4423134

Quote:

Now available – Nokia Media Transfer 1.0 Beta. Transfer pictures, videos, music, and more between your compatible Nokia device and Mac.

Transfer from iTunes

Rip your favorite CDs with iTunes and take your music with you anywhere. Use Nokia Media Transfer to load music, videos, and podcasts – even playlists – from iTunes to your Nokia device. Nokia Media Transfer can also fill up your device’s memory with a random selection of tracks.* Check out how.

Transfer from iPhoto

Keep your treasured memories close to you – transfer photos and videos from iPhoto to your Nokia device using Nokia Media Transfer. When you transfer photos to your device with Nokia Media Transfer, they will be resized into smaller files, saving space in your device’s memory for other files, such as new photos captured by your device. Learn how here.

Photo import

Record videos or take pictures with your Nokia device, then import them into iPhoto with Nokia Media Transfer. Once transferred to your Mac, you can see your pictures and video on the big screen with iPhoto. Learn how here.

File transfer with Device Browser

Add fresh looks, new features, and fun games to your device by uploading S60 games and applications. Or keep your important documents close at hand. Nokia Media Transfer has a device browser that allows you to transfer files between your connected device and Mac.

jeloz
9th June 2007, 05:53 PM
That is a very good sign as they are the largest mobile phone vendor overall worldwide and they are obvioulsy seeing a need to create Apple compatible software - they ignorance of the Mac OS made me switch to Sony Ericsson many years ago. (not that they made compatible software, but they have been involved with iSync from the start)

Jeloz

The Architect.mac
9th June 2007, 05:56 PM
http://forums.mactalk.com.au/showthread.php?t=32246

cheers

forgie
9th June 2007, 06:13 PM
It's only for the N series? F$#k that. I just got a SE K610i to replace my shitty Nokia 6280. After being a victim of the botched phone that was the 6280, I'm never buying a Nokia unless there's a damn good reason for it. 6280 = problems, problems, problems.

Sunnz
9th June 2007, 06:25 PM
I got a new Nokia 3110 but it is not N series... so I'll probably would get an iPhone when it comes out.

grep
9th June 2007, 06:51 PM
This is great news. I had a lot of trouble trying to work out how to transfer photos off my N70.

I've downloaded the software and I'm going to try it out. I'll let you know how it goes.

I think my N70 comes off contract early 08 so hopefully it won't be a long wait for the iPhone to hit our shores in a 3G form.

grep
9th June 2007, 07:16 PM
I've downloaded the software and I'm going to try it out. I'll let you know how it goes.

... not very well. It installed ok, it can see the device but I can't import photos. It does this with the first photo:

[quote]
Caching 01xxxxxxxxxxx.jpg (0%)
[/quute]

and it gets no further.

Note: I'm trying the bluetooth connection.

macsyd
9th June 2007, 07:17 PM
Downloaded with crossed fingers. Sadly, it just seems to freeze when I either download to iPhoto or when it seeks to cache files (which it seems to automatically do upon connection). Conneting with an N70 and PowerMac G5 1.6.

I'll give it another shot when it gets out of beta. Till then, I'll stick with simple bluetooth transfers that have served me well enough to now.

Edit: to acknowledge this is the same prob as grep above.

rtc
9th June 2007, 07:47 PM
n70 here.

tried it via bluetooth but not via usb.

it looks good, but i can tell it's a first release:
- same caching issue (doesn't progress though) and is automatic.
- tries to create folders in iphoto but fails. sucessfullly creates a new folder then renames it to "9876543210++--" or something, then has an error.

Also a couple of comments:
- the device browser needs a "view" menu and a button bar popup to switch between icon, column etc.
- set it up as a device in itunes that i can change the prefs of from within itunes, rather than just a folder in itunes and it replicates playlist items externally from its own app.
- give me an option to "autosync items whenever in range" so i don't have to manually invoke it (as long as i want this option checked that is)