PDA

View Full Version : Voice recorder for ipod nano

catbert6
4th June 2007, 06:28 AM
Looking for one of the following for an 2nd gen ipod nano

Xtrememac Micro Memo

Belkin TuneTalk Stereo

Griffin iTalk Pro

I am interested in any comments on performance or suggestions for a supplier.

I have found one (1) potential on-line source in Australia for the Belkin and the Griffin. The micromemo comes in two versions - I have found a source for the ipod video version but not the ipod nano version.

thanks

g5agogo
4th June 2007, 09:25 PM
I know that NextByte in Elizabeth Street Melbourne had a swag load of the micro memo for nano when I was in there about 10 days ago. Not sure if they'll sell to you over the phone.

catbert6
4th June 2007, 10:25 PM
Found one out at Mac1 at the ANU, Canberra (micromemo) - set up is a snap - looks perfect for the job. Syncs in reverse, which is as it should.

thanks

g5agogo
5th June 2007, 12:21 AM
catbert,

I'd be interested in hearing your impressions once you've used it for a while. Also, does it take a direct mic input or does it require a line level/pre-amp?

catbert6
5th June 2007, 06:34 AM
catbert,

I'd be interested in hearing your impressions once you've used it for a while. Also, does it take a direct mic input or does it require a line level/pre-amp?

It comes with a detachable microphone that can be removed so that you can "use any other condenser type microphone with a 3.5mm jack to record in mono". You can also attach a powered stereo microphone to record in stereo - you need to select the line in setting on the switch on the unit. Using this setting, you can also use the input to record from other devices, like a computer, a mixing board or a stereo. Not that I have done any of this - just quoting from the manual.

g5agogo
5th June 2007, 10:26 AM
Thanks catbert. Sounds good, would be interested to hear what you think of it quality-wise after a couple of weeks, if you get a chance. Sounds like it needs a preamp for a decent external mike. Thanks!