PDA

View Full Version : Screen res??

pipsqeek
14th March 2004, 09:49 PM
Hi all,

Just a question regarding the iBook screen hack to get extended desktops to work.

I have this hack working and use it quite a fair amount, but sometimes I want to have a mirrored desktop on the second monitor but with higher resolution then the maxed out 1024X768 of the 12 inch iBook.

Does anyone know of a hack that can eliminate this restriction? Or is this based on the maximum resolution of the physical 12 inch LCD monitor of the iBook itself?

Steve

Currawong
15th March 2004, 06:08 AM
There was a hack for the earlier iBooks to allow them to do spanned, rather than mirrored desktops, but I don't know if there is one for the current range.

As for mirrored, 1024x768 is AFAIK the max res for those screens that can be physically displayed.

pipsqeek
15th March 2004, 06:46 AM
The dual monitor (extended display works) as I stated previously that I have done that hack.

I use it pretty much 99% of the time.

But sometimes I need to mirror rather then extend the desktop and it would have been nice if I could increase the resolution, even if the LCD on the iBook was disabled or something.

When I mirror, I usually turn the LCD off as this has saved a tremendous amount of battery life. For obvious reason, the external monitor is being powered by its own supply.

One of the few reasons why I use it.

Steve