PDA

View Full Version : nano or hdd?

smilne360
31st May 2007, 03:53 PM
ok so im going to give in and buy an iPod,problem being that i cant decide wich one. either the 8gb nano, or the 30gb ?
i will buying next wednesday (payday) so holding out for any touchscreen/16:9/more bells and whistle editions isnt an option, that said altho doubtful i may wait fot eh june 11 keynote.

is there any one who had one and switched to the other? or anyone with the nano that chose it over the hdd for a reason?

i currently have 5gb in my libary, but a large number of podcasts. im also pretty indecicive on wht i want to listen to so the >> on shuffle is one that gets pushed alot.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Revolution
31st May 2007, 03:55 PM
I've got a 60GB video iPod a 2GB nano and I use both equally. Nano for gym and runnings, video for everything else. I'd go for the 30GB if I were you unless you absolutely require a small lightweight iPod

MrJesseRoss
31st May 2007, 03:59 PM
I had a 20gb 4th gen iPod, then switched to a nano because it was lighter and looked nicer and worked with the radio remote. And then I got my 80gb 5.5gen because I got sick of having to sync the nano whenever I wanted to listen to something I wasn't listening to the day before.

I'd recommend getting the 30gb. All your podcasts will fit, and you won't be limited to 200 songs when you can't decide what you want to listen to.

(Plus, you're going to need more room what with these 256kbps iTunes Plus files!) :D

smilne360
5th June 2007, 05:23 PM
any last words of wisdom?

decryption
5th June 2007, 05:24 PM
30gb iPod is cool - lots of room and is handy for data storage. The big screen and ability to watch video is great too.

I own a 30Gb iPod Video, but use a Shuffle for exercising :)

MrJesseRoss
5th June 2007, 05:28 PM
30gb, dude. 30gb. :)

Macbook
5th June 2007, 05:36 PM
Get the 30Gb - you won't regret it. Plenty of storage space and it can play videos. But by far the best feature of the 30Gb ipod is that you can play Tetris on it - you can't do that on a nano. Life wouldn't be worth living without tetris :) .

Seriously though, I think the 30Gb ipod is the best investment. I'd only really bother with a nano for exercising, etc, when size was really important.

Enjoy your new toy.

Razer
5th June 2007, 06:03 PM
being the apple geek i am, i have a Ipod with video for most uses and a nano for exercise.. The nano is getting a huge work out at the moment

Arkhum_Eramak
5th June 2007, 06:03 PM
Depends on what you do. I find that working in AV left no room for the 30Gb in my pocket - plus the 30Gb was more suceptable to damage because of the weight, screen size, etc. Sold my 30Gb this morning in fact, and I'm using a placeholder 2Gb Nano I picked up for $100 until the Nanos are updated or I just get the 8Gb. If you want your mp3 player weightless and unobtrusive, I'd go the Nano.

That said, the video is much bigger and the interface on that nice big screen is sex.