PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Free bulk email program for Thunderbird

fionaw
29th May 2007, 07:56 PM
Does this even exist?

I run Mail.app for my personal and uni emails. I run Thunderbird for my work email. I love Mail.app but the risk of sending a work email from my uni email address was not worth it, so I use two seperate clients.

For my work email, I am sending emails out to entire committees. Thunderbird gives me the shits when handling lots of email addresses. I am also concerned as our committee and supporters list grows, my emails will start to be tagged as spam and not get through.

Does anyone know of any bulk email programs that will talk to Thunderbird? Preferably free, but any recommendations will do at this point.

Cheers,
Fiona

rtc
29th May 2007, 07:59 PM
er.. add users to address book in mail and set up groups for each mail list?????

Kuma
29th May 2007, 08:22 PM
Hey Fiona
With Mail you can send mail from the nominated account easily
select the mail inbox you want to send from create new mail and send it...

mail uses the email address based off the account attached to that inbox....

Currawong
29th May 2007, 10:55 PM
If you search any of the major software sites, such as Macupdate or Versiontracker for "mail merge" you'll find suitable programs for this which do the job much better.

fionaw
30th May 2007, 08:06 AM
Hey Fiona
With Mail you can send mail from the nominated account easily
select the mail inbox you want to send from create new mail and send it...

mail uses the email address based off the account attached to that inbox....

Yeah - I have three accounts set up this way in Mail at the moment. The problem is when I am sending heaps of emails that I sometimes send things from the wrong email address. It helps me to keep work and everything else seperate if I use a different email client.