PDA

View Full Version : Cheap iPod Video 30GB!

adamjc
29th May 2007, 07:50 AM
I was reading another post about good deals on Mac products and come across the http://www.1-day.com.au/ site.

Checked it out yesterday and they had 3 products, but today they now have an iPod Video 30GB for $175.00

The link is at http://www.1-day.com.au/products/AEMPVO7IP

I couldn't believe it, I think it is launching on June 1st!

tommelbourne
29th May 2007, 08:00 AM
The 'products' that they have been having up on their site over the past few days are NOT actual products they will be selling, they are just advertising that the site gives away bargains. It says quite clearly 'Example Product'.

The iPod will be gone tomorrow, replaced with another amazingly fake deal to drum up interest

adamjc
29th May 2007, 08:09 AM
Yeah I did notice they show example only, but surely over time they would need to sell the iPod at that price.

Myself I don't need one, but posted it just so others will know about it.

Whether it eventuates or not is another story!

tommelbourne
29th May 2007, 08:23 AM
What makes you think that they need to sell the iPod at that price? It's shameless advertising and interest-generating, nothing more. By choosing the most popular consumer item of recent times and 'advertising' it at a ludicrously low price the website will be generating heaps of publicity.

milliedog
29th May 2007, 08:25 AM
It sounds kind of legit as the company Torpedo 7 currently does mail order bike stuff from New Zealand.

tommelbourne
29th May 2007, 08:30 AM
I'm not doubting that the site itself is legit, it certainly seems to be. The iPod, however, won't actually be sold, being an 'Example of products that 1-day will be offering'.

Sure, feel free to hold out on buying an iPod for this amazing less-than-half-price deal, but don't go whingeing when it doesn't happen.

shiny
1st June 2007, 02:32 PM
Did anyone catch the opening special, iPod shuffle $49, I missed out, must have sold out pretty quick.

adamjc
1st June 2007, 02:52 PM
I forgot to check out the site!

Wish I did not though, $49.00 iPod Shuffle!!! Be good to know how many they were offering.

drzeus
1st June 2007, 03:01 PM
So what stops them from putting up a popular item like an ipod next to some other grap they are trying to flog only to claim the ipod sold out pretty much straight away?
No way of knowing really if they trully sold any at that price (well below cost!)

adamjc
1st June 2007, 03:48 PM
They may have only had 5 at that price for all we know.

shiny
2nd June 2007, 12:05 PM
Today's specials are up, XBox 360, $279, not bad, wonder what postage would be, will be interesting to see how long they last.

Also the other special is a 1kg bag of Marshmallow for $3....:D

decryption
2nd June 2007, 12:35 PM
These are some pretty good prices. That 360 is a bargain. Is it all a case of too good to be true? How are they scoring these products at these prices?

thebookfreak58
2nd June 2007, 12:40 PM
These are some pretty good prices. That 360 is a bargain. Is it all a case of too good to be true? How are they scoring these products at these prices?

Thats's what I am thinking, that 360 is seriously tempting...

jubilantjeremy
2nd June 2007, 12:41 PM
Maybe they're selling the first few lots at cost price, or even a small loss, to build interest and publicity*?

- Jeremy

*Exactly like this thread, by the way

Evad
2nd June 2007, 12:57 PM
Shipping is only $9.99 to my place in Brisbane. Looks like they base their shipping on order total and not weight.

arkenstone
2nd June 2007, 01:05 PM
I was headed out in about 30 minutes to buy a 360...

I might give this a go..

adamjc
2nd June 2007, 04:43 PM
It's very tempting, but I only just sold me Wii a few weeks ago because I didn't have enough time to play it, so will give it a miss.

Those Marshmallows are looking good though :D

adamjc
2nd June 2007, 05:26 PM
XBOX now sold out.

I would love for them to show how many of an item they have remaining, or how many they had on offer for all items.

zagas
2nd June 2007, 05:35 PM
Picked one up 2 mins after noon. So definitely selling at least one ;)

McKatch
2nd June 2007, 05:51 PM
was it the base model 360 ?

Jazarus
2nd June 2007, 05:56 PM
was it the base model 360 ?

If it was then that would have been false advertising because they had a wireless controller pictured and that only comes on the premium pack.

Also the price comparison they did was for a cost price premium pack at 480$+ I've seen core packs go for as low as 370$ at Dicksmiths

adamjc
2nd June 2007, 06:02 PM
Here is the description from the website:

The Xbox 360 Core System comes standard with what you need to jump right into next-generation games and media, and is fully expandable to the complete Xbox 360 experience.
Xbox 360 is the most powerful video game and entertainment system, delivering the best games, the next generation of the premier Xbox Live online gaming service, and unique digital entertainment experiences that revolve around you.

Xbox 360 console has three powerful core processors which pump out 720p/1080i output, 16 x 9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound and DVD playback right out of the box.
Xbox 360 Faceplate. Like no other console before, the Xbox 360 console allows customisation and a removable Faceplate that comes in stylish 'chill' (white), which can be swapped out with other custom Faceplates to reflect gamers' personalities or decor.
Xbox 360 Standard AV Cable. This connects gamers to the world of Xbox 360, delivering great next-generation graphics and games using standard-definition connections.
Enjoy your movies with progressive scan DVD playback
Stream your music and digital photos from a wide range of portable music players and digital cameras
Connect to your Windows XP or Windows Media Center PC.
Box includes

1 x Console
1 x Xbox wired controller
1 x Xbox 360 S-Video AV cable
1 x Power cable
Free Xbox live Silver membership

All you need to do is plug in to your broadband internet connection, and you're online with Xbox live Silver.

I think it might be the base model due to it saying that it comes with a Wired controller...but I don't know much about the XBOX.

thebookfreak58
2nd June 2007, 08:00 PM
Picked one up 2 mins after noon. So definitely selling at least one ;)

Let us know how it goes!

arkenstone
20th June 2007, 08:11 PM
I didn't end up following this through.

How'd you go?

bjs1965
28th June 2007, 09:55 AM
I'm looking to purchase a 30gb iPod, where would you recommend to buy from? Overseas? Local? New? Refurbished? 2nd Hand?

Tiprya
28th June 2007, 10:18 AM
I'd purchase from the Apple Refurb store (http://store.apple.com/133-622/WebObjects/australiastore.woa/6654024/wo/Zl6kLV16tUll2kHi87V1ndGoGvB/3.0.0.28.7.5.5.1.1.1.1) - $270 for what I assume is the slightly older model with less bright screen

I've bought iPods from Apple Refurb store before and they've been indistinguishable from new

decryption
28th June 2007, 10:19 AM
I'm looking to purchase a 30gb iPod, where would you recommend to buy from? Overseas? Local? New? Refurbished? 2nd Hand?

The refurbs for $279 are a bargain IMHO :)

sanjay
28th June 2007, 11:16 AM
yeah the refurbs are pretty much always in brand new condition...

...and ive heard that many people ordering the 5th gen refurbs are actually getting 5.5gen ipods, which just makes it even better :D