PDA

View Full Version : Burning photos to cd in iPhoto6

Bowman
26th May 2007, 06:05 PM
When I used the designated method, in iPhoto 6 to, share then burn photos to a CD in preparation to having them printed, there were double sometimes triple prints made. Some of duplicates would be of poor quality. On advice, I created a 'burn' folder on the desk top and dragged the photos to this folder, then burnt this folder. When the photos were printed at the store, we did not get the same problem as before with the double images. Problem fixed! However, I'm curious as to what was causing the problem in the first place. Could anyone help explain this? Thanx.

purana
26th May 2007, 06:07 PM
Cause the person printing them from the iPhoto 6 created method was printing the low res pics in the low res folder (aka the thumbnails) and not the high res ones.

The CD basically contains the thumbnails and real photos in a certain directory layout.. so if you use the wrong directory on the disk you get the thumbnails printed... user error on the party who printed them I am afraid.

Bowman
26th May 2007, 06:17 PM
Thanks for explaining that.

Mctastic
26th May 2007, 06:19 PM
yeah. thats my gripe with iphoto, that it doesn't have a 'standard' method of burning a cd to take down to the photo lab. but then, it's a small gripe. like Bowmans learnt, u need simply make a copy of the selected pictures to the desktop & burn the folder...

iphotos burn setting is basically designed to do a backup of iphotos photos, thumbs,
etc... so unless the photo lab people are familiar with Apples directory/formatting conventions