PDA

View Full Version : Any news on a new Macbook Pro

youngma
26th May 2007, 05:23 PM
Hi folks,

I'm off to the states soon and am considering buying a Macbook Pro. I know Apple have just introduced new Macbook's, any news on an upgrade on the Macbook Pro.

If anyone has any news, that would be great.

tommelbourne
26th May 2007, 05:28 PM
Hi folks,

I'm off to the states soon and am considering buying a Macbook Pro. I know Apple have just introduced new Macbook's, any news on an upgrade on the Macbook Pro.

If anyone has any news, that would be great.

I was on the phone to old Jobsey just this morning, apparently the new MBP will be out next week!

;)

Sorry. The best info we have is based on the cycles of updates on the various Mac models, which MacRumors keeps track of here:
http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
According to this, the MBP is due for an update, but we know nothing for certain, nor will we know anything until the announcement itself is made. The 'average' of 182 days between updates is pretty unreliable, as taking a quick glance at the corresponding graph will show that updates seem to come completely randomly with the MBP/PB, there being no 'pattern' like that observable with the MacBook. Sure, you can wait, but you could be waiting for a while.

EDIT: Seeing as you are going to the States, you are better off waiting until you get over there before you buy anything, as prices over there are significantly cheaper than here.

spilla
26th May 2007, 05:38 PM
I'd wait at least until June 11th. Apple usually introduce something new/updated at WWDC. :)

SRG
26th May 2007, 06:00 PM
well Intel do have new laptop chip...which didn't make it into the Macbook, could be a chance they will stick that into the Macbook Pro so as to make it even clearer the difference between the two.

Until Steve calls me back (don't know how messages I've left him) though can't be sure.