PDA

View Full Version : problems connecting express mobile card

Marg
24th May 2007, 03:29 PM
Hi all,

I've just picked up a new Express Mobile card from Telstra, but I'm having problems connecting. I've been on the phone to BP tech support, and on their advice have downloaded the latest driver -
but I still can't connect to the internet because of the message as follows:

There appear to be other network devices connected, such as Ethernet, AirPort or Dialup Modem. BigPond Wireless Broadband will not be able to connect correctly if other network ports are active. Please disconnect other networks and try again.

I KNOW I don't have any other wireless or network devices connected - I switched off the ADSL wireless modem and disconnected my wireless mouse. I also switched off Airport.

The problem is with registration: once I can get through this phase I'll be fine - but I don't know what to do next. Has anyone solved this problem? (We've already installed the express card successfully on my husband's new Toshiba windows laptop... but I keep running up against this problem with my MacBookPro.)

Any advice would be gratefully received

thanks
Marg

McKatch
24th May 2007, 04:43 PM
Ohhh NextG I am guessing ??

Not in front of my Mac but have disabled the other network devices (not sure what machine you have but in my imac there is an internal modem, bluetooth, ethernet, firewire and airport) Think you can do it and I am sure someone will correct me if I am mistaken - under system preferences and network ?

Marg
24th May 2007, 05:03 PM
Thanks, McKatch - yes, NextG, and I have a MacBook Pro.

I've disabled BlueTooth, and Airport, and the MacBook uses an external dialup modem which is not attached at the moment, so it's automatically disabled.

Not sure how I disable ethernet and firewire...? Any MacBook Pro users out there who know how to do it?

Thanks
Marg :-)