PDA

View Full Version : Frontrow remote not recognised by macbook

Lionman
24th May 2007, 12:16 AM
Hi Guys, (that's a non-gender specific guys. Like guys as in people)

I may have hit my first snag with the new Macbooks which are now only 2 days old...:confused:

For some reason one of the macbooks (the black one) doesnt recognise the remote. Have tried pairing it, but it's as though the IR sensor on that macbook is just not functioning. The same remote works on the white macbook.

Am I missing something here? I have also tried to turn off the IR, then turn it back on...

Any help is apreciated - thanks

Disko
24th May 2007, 12:22 AM
Do other remotes work on your black macbook?

forgie
24th May 2007, 12:22 AM
Did you just install the latest MS Office update? For some unexplainable reason, Office 11.3.5 killed my remote until I restarted. {golf claps microsoft}

Lionman
24th May 2007, 12:32 AM
Disko, the other remote doesnt work with the black macbook, I've dont the test to see the IR Signal through the isight camera and it's visible.

And Forgie, office update hasn't gone on the machine either. Nothing has been added software wise, we're still using the Office test drive that came with the macbooks.

darn it!

forgie
24th May 2007, 12:39 AM
Tried restarting?

Disko
24th May 2007, 12:45 AM
pending a restart, it sounds like the IR receiver (not the remote) might be dodgy.

Lionman
24th May 2007, 10:13 AM
Yeah... We crossed our fingers and did a restart - Still no go.

*The sound of my mac-joy crashing down to the ground was audible*

Spose I will ring Mac and see what they say.

Thanks Guys...

forgie
24th May 2007, 01:12 PM
Just to make sure - you don't have the "Disable remote control infrared receiver" checkbox ticked in SysPrefs->Security, do you?

Lionman
24th May 2007, 03:53 PM
Nah.. That would be very silly! But not totally beyond me to do! I even tried to check that, then uncheck it..

Still my white one is the picture of perfection. Runs like a dream and is soooo quiet compared to my old HP Paviallion. That things dual fans sound more like an air raid by WW2 choppers than a laptop!