PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

londonjas
22nd May 2007, 09:21 PM
Hi everyone

Thanks to some useful posts on this forum I picked up my first Mac today, a black MacBook 2.0. I did um and ahh quite a lot about getting one of the newer machines, but this was a great deal so decided to go for the older model. I use PC's for work (a couple of dell laptops) so looking forward to using a Mac (and keeping my fingers crossed about mooing, random shutdowns and other strange MacBook related phenomena!).

I just wanted to say hi, and also thanks for such a useful forum especially for someone based in Sydney.

cheers

vargz
22nd May 2007, 09:31 PM
Hi londonjas, welcome to the forums :)

I trust your Macbook should be free of the issues you mention as these issues plagued the first generation, where as the one you have purchased is most likely a second gen model.

fiark
22nd May 2007, 09:31 PM
*deleted*

londonjas
22nd May 2007, 09:34 PM
Hi fiark, vargz

Thanks for the replies. It is a Core 2 Duo machine so should be free of the early issues.

Only problem I have had so far is as soon I connected the macbook to my wireless network my router crashed (a linksys WRT54G) but a firmware update on the router seems to have fixed that!

cheers

Ozi
22nd May 2007, 09:39 PM
Hi mate... welcome to the forums. Any questions you have will be (hopefully) easily dealt with, and i wish you a pleasant foruming experience with the Mactalk gang.

londonjas
22nd May 2007, 10:07 PM
thanks Ozi...

AusMac
22nd May 2007, 10:18 PM
I try to be helpful, not that it always sounds that way. Welcome.

BlowMeDown
22nd May 2007, 11:23 PM
Congrats on your new Mac. I'm sure your shopping experience was a fun one as well, we boast some of the best Apple stores/resellers in the world here in Australia.

grfxninja
22nd May 2007, 11:41 PM
welcome londonjas. I am sure the new mac will be a great experience :cool:

melted.marsbar
23rd May 2007, 12:02 AM
keeping my fingers crossed about mooing

Okay. What is it about the mooing? When I asked my IPT teacher if we ever do any Mac-related work, he said "Don't your computers moo?"

I don't get it!

Oh, and he said we don't do anything directly Mac-related :(

spilla
23rd May 2007, 12:06 AM
Okay. What is it about the mooing?

IIRC, some of the early MacBooks when getting kinda hot started to "moo". Never heard it myself, but it was a fairly common problem apparently. :)

londonjas
23rd May 2007, 09:58 AM
Didn't mean to be so vague about the mooing! Just one of the problems I came across when researching. Suspect its like anything, you sell enough of them and some people will have problems, although the early revisions did seem to have more than their fair share.

patcanuck
23rd May 2007, 10:56 AM
You'll find a lot of us have exactly the same black macbook and have had hassle free, pleasure-enhanced computing ever since our purchase. Welcome :)