PDA

View Full Version : iSync nightmare

bushfire
21st May 2007, 10:01 PM
i just used iSync with my address book and my mobile phone. ARGGH
now i have 5 of each contact in my mobile phone, so annoying .
Is there a way to undo this? Is there a setting i need to untick or clear up in address book so it doesn't override all my mobile contacts again, after i patiently NOT clear them all.:mad:

bushfire
21st May 2007, 10:31 PM
is there a way to only sync select contacts in address book?

Bodhi88
21st May 2007, 11:17 PM
Under group in address book click the + Then put your selected contacts into that new folder you made when you pressed +
Then go to isync and in the pull down menu for contacts should be your folder you made in address book.
Hope that helps

richbowen
22nd May 2007, 06:59 AM
I don't think you can undo a sync.

But for future use, in iSync prefs there is an option to warn you if more than 5/25/50% of the data is going to be changed.

You can also reset the sync history via prefs, or reset the device under the device menu. However I think you need to ensure you have one correct version of your contacts before you do either.

So ... if you go into Address Book is there something different about the contacts that have been added - maybe they're in a special group? Are they in the last import smart group? Maybe you can make a last import smart group? You should be able to select all those and just delete them from Address Book. You'd probably still have them on the phone until you sync again. Hmm backup before you mess around here. Once Address Book is back to where it was at, reset the device (phone) and sync again. You should then be asked if you want to replace/merge.

DJY
22nd May 2007, 07:08 PM
I have a group called "Current" in my Address Book which is the only group I sync with my mobile.

I have 618 cards in Address Book... but
175 in Current.