PDA

View Full Version : Choose how to read html

rjch
20th May 2007, 11:01 PM
Dear People,

Sometimes I want to read .html files in Tofu, sometimes in Camino. It depends on the context. At the moment I have to get info and change the application to open for each item.

Is there someway in which I can click on the particular file and before it opens I get a window that gives me a choice from a list? {Tofu, Camino, Firefox, TextEdit, &c}

Would this be solved by Apple Script? If so, how? Or is there another way (e.g. a freeware thing)? Or am I thinking about it the wrong way?

Any suggestions, or references where I should look, would, of course, be gratefully received.

Disko
20th May 2007, 11:17 PM
Right click on the file (or ctrl click if you only have 1 mouse button) and hover over 'open with...'

(is that what you were after?)

rjch
20th May 2007, 11:36 PM
Disko,

Oh yes I forget that! Thank you.

Currawong
20th May 2007, 11:49 PM
You can also drag files onto apps in the dock. There's also the "customise toolbar" option in the Finder - I have a basic set of programs such as a textedit, Graphicconverter, VLC etc in my Finder toolbar for this purpose as not all those apps are in my dock.

rjch
21st May 2007, 12:41 AM
Excellent, and it keeps that preference for the file, which is just what is needed.